Limited to drying my crop in the tool shed.. Think I'll be ok?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by noeleaser, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Hello all..

I'm very limited to where I can dry my crop, so the only spot I've got is a tool shed...

It's light tight for the most part, unless someone opens the door..

I also plan on putting an oscillating fan in there for some air movement, there is NO ventilation, unless someone opens the door..

The part I'm a bit worried about is the temp.. It can get pretty warm in there, especally if it's hot out..

I'm in Denver so it's not that hot anymore but I'm still a bit nervous, especially since it's my first time..

What do you think?

Any suggestions?

Thanks! :)

2. Im also curious. The only place I can dry is a hot ass shed. And it still gets into the low-mid 90s daily and inside the shed is even hotter with stale hot air. Im thinking about putting them in a box with a computer fan. than into paper bags.

3. Right now it's low 80s during the day and mid 50s at night..

4. Im only about mid-low 70s at night. Still hot as fuck.

5. You're in FL dude.. It's hot there year round except for like 3 months.. lol

6. Bump...

Anyone else?

7. It wont matter. Before harvest, cut the lights and leave it in the dark completely for 48 hours. Then trim off all the leaves and cut at the base. Hang them up in your shed to dry by the very bottom at the huge root you cut. Hang them upside down to dry for a few days, then cut them down to smaller sizes and put them in paper sacks. Leave them in the sacks until a majority of all stems snap easily. From here the they are ready to go in mason jars for one month, opening every week, storing in the dark.

After one month it is prime to smoke.

8. Thanks for the info!! :)

What is the purpose of this? This is my first time and I haven't hear of this before... :)

9. its arguable that the "extended dark period" at the end of a plants life cycle will help increase or build up the trichs.

10. I don't know about the dark period (that's one of those "religious arguments";)) but lots of people here hang their harvests in quite hot attics without any loss of quality. Just cure properly.

11. [quote name='"noeleaser"']Thanks for the info!! :)

What is the purpose of this? This is my first time and I haven't hear of this before... :)[/quote]

Its supposed to help thc production by tha plant sending out all its stored energy to tha buds only problem is its not proven but also not completly shot down, youd be better off not risking stressing tha plant tho

12. I have learned all those things from grasscity over the past 2 years of watching grows. Its just a strategy that I have learned to use. I can tell you it does make things better.

If you can take a look at my grow real fast

13. [quote name='"bwitsne"']I have learned all those things from grasscity over the past 2 years of watching grows. Its just a strategy that I have learned to use. I can tell you it does make things better.

If you can take a look at my grow real fast[/quote]

What size of tent is that in ur grow?!?!? :O

14. It is a 4'x4'x6'7"

15. [quote name='"bwitsne"']It is a 4'x4'x6'7"[/quote]

That's legit