Lil Wayne's Sports Blog

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by nugglord_420, Sep 25, 2008.

1. http://http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3607474

LIL WAYNE GETS A BLOG:
    AARON RODGERS 'HAS BEEN WONDERFUL'

by Lil Wayne
    [​IMG] Getty Images
    "The Bengals? Damn!"

[Ed's note: This is the first in a blog series by mega-rapper of the moment Lil Wayne. When speaking to him for a package about at-bat music in MLB (a bunch of guys use Lil Wayne), he offered to blog for us. Awesome. Turns out he likes the Packers and Bruins-and thinks Kurt Warner is a legit fantasy pick for this season. Read on for more items of interest.]
    This is the first blog I'm doing for ESPN. I don't watch nothing but sports-no movies, no news, no television shows-so I thought this would be fun.
    Because I watch so much sports, I like to think I know what's gonna happen. But with the NFL this year, some things have shocked me, some things have been just terrible. Like the Bengals. Damn. I kind of had a feeling things were gonna be bad, but I didn't want them to be this bad. And oh my God the Chargers.
    They won on Monday, but it still wasn't the Chargers. Then again, I think LaDainian is going to figure out how to work his way back through this injury. LaDainian is tough. I think that last game will be a big motivation boost for him. I've talked to some people who've had similar injuries with the toe, and they tell me that it's the mental thing you have to get over first. The pain never goes away, so you gotta accept that and just fight your way through it. I think once he gets used to it you're gonna see he's the same LaDainian. I'm not worried about him. He's gonna be fine.
    The Patriots aren't going to be fine. I expected this to happen even before Brady got injured. I've been skeptical for a while now. They lost their drive. They used to go out there and crush people, playing good football every Sunday. You could see when they were winning how great they were playing, how hard they trained and how disciplined they were. But then it became about 'who is this person dating' and whatever, and that's when I thought this would happen. I'm not going to say they're distracted because they're professionals. But when it becomes about all that other stuff it does take away from just going out and playing good football.
    As a Packer fan, it's been pretty good so far. Aaron Rodgers has been wonderful, man. He's handled everything, and way more than just the football part. Of course it helps the Jets aren't doing nothing.
    [​IMG] Getty Images
    "He's been wonderful."

My fantasy team is now 2-1. I'm fifth place in the league right now but movin' up. I won my last game by a great margin. I had to drop Ben Rothlisberger 'cause he don't look like he's doing nothing any time soon. Had to do it. I picked up Kurt Warner because he has more to prove than Ben. He's stepping in to Matt Leinart's place, and he's still kind of competing. You want guys like that, guys who are motivated.
    I grew up playing football. Believe it or not, I was a fullback. When I was nine, ten, eleven, I was a great blocker. I knew how to block real good and the other kids didn't. So there I was. One game when I was ten years old we were on the goal line about to score, and coach called the play for me. I was supposed to go one way, but I ended up sneaking around the other side on a sweep. Everybody thought I was already tackled. The ref was already blowin' his whistle. But I was still up and I stutter stepped one way and beat the last guy trying to get me and scored that touchdown. That's my favorite sports memory for myself.
    Besides the Packers, my favorite teams are the Red Sox, the Lakers, and the Boston Bruins. I also love tennis. I had a lot of people over to my place to watch the Wimbledon final this year, and we went crazy. I love Federer but Nadal is my favorite. He's the man. I love his motivation and his heart is big. He leaves it on the court. And when I found out he still lives with his family despite his success, that was it for me. That's unbelievable right there. That just goes to show you where his heart is at, how much love he has. So we were watching that match, and nobody thought he was gonna win. Everybody was telling me how he hadn't beat Federer on the hard court and he could only do it on clay but I never had any doubts. I knew his heart was gonna do it for him, and it did.
    Lil Wayne is a commercially successful rapper and major sports fan.

Hahaha, motherfucker is a Packers fan. :cool: