Lil waynes retirement

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Purple Poison, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Lol everybody hating on lil wayne. Seriously I like some of his songs, and others I dont. People are always trying to compare him to tupac which is stupid IMHO. Tupac was the best IMO but lil wayne is just a different style and I like to listen to some feel good music sometimes instead of depressing shit about the hood,lol

2. I cried tears of joy when I first read the article saying he was quiting to pursue skateboarding.

3. That article said August 6 2012, how is it a year old?

4. wow I just diedddd at that last one :laughing::laughing::laughing:

true... but naw he has the sickest punchlines and metaphors he comes up with the craziest shit that no one thinks of, i dont some of his shit, but some of it straight killa

5. If you really think this, you don't listen to enough music.

6. Tha carter 3 was good, the carter 4 sucked

7. man this site is fulla people just hatin on mainstream :laughing:

i used to not care for wayne.. the carter 3 was shit if you ask me.. but i admire the mans hustle.. and his shit aint bad.. theres definitely worse.. atleast dudes entertaining..

and i dont care.. nicki can get the dick anytime

8. Lil Wayne is such a bitch.

He owes literally everyone that has ever done a song with him. What a trash person.

9. Anything lil wayne did before tha carter 3 was almost tolerable to decent, anything after 2 is terrible.

10. you're a terrible opinionator :laughing:

11. Just hate shitty music.

12. Why care so much? Someone else will replace him, you'll whine about that guy, someone else will replace that guy.. etcetc.

13. If you don't like his music, don't listen to it.

I rarely listen to him, but he has some songs that I do enjoy listening to. You can't tell me bumping some of his shit in the car while blunt cruising isn't sick.

For instance.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl3x3R2Q8NE]lil' wayne - kush (full song) - YouTube[/ame]

One of my favorite songs period.

And I don't ever listen to him!! People, just stop hating, it's so useless!

14. [quote name='"Feelin Irie"']If you don't like his music, don't listen to it.

I rarely listen to him, but he has some songs that I do enjoy listening to. You can't tell me bumping some of his shit in the car while blunt cruising isn't sick.

For instance.

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl3x3R2Q8NE

One of my favorite songs period.

And I don't ever listen to him!! People, just stop hating, it's so useless![/quote]

lol he's a mainstream rapper
    That's like saying bumping the radio while blunt cruising isn't sick.

find underground rappers that are wayyy better and im sure you blunt cruise quality goes up at least triple

15. UNDERGROUND MUSIX DAWG IT'S WHERE IT'S AT.

This is sad as fuck.
    I used to be in music denial, too.
    I used to say I hated Lil Wayne then go listen to him in my room and like it just as I know you all do. How else could you form such a strong opinion? It's obvious that you've listened to more than just 2 of his songs.

God damn GrassCity is full of assholes who want to get rep by saying the same thing as everyone above them.

Jesus tittyfucking CHRIST.
    This guy has more money than all of us, and he gives even less fucks than us.

He could buy all of your parents' house and leave you homeless.

16. I wonder who the new scapegoat will be for underground hip hop fans now that Wayne's gone?

"Bitch real G's move in silence like lasagna"

^That line had me stumped for a while until one day for whatever reason I had to write out "lasagna" and I got it. Pretty fuckin clever if you ask me, and a lot of his haters haven't even listened to his music. I'm not saying he's the best rapper alive but he's got skill. Can anybody else freestyle a rap career for the amount of time between Tha Carter 3 and now?

Music elitism needs to die, just because you only like a certain genre doesn't make you any cooler than you were before.

17. He doesn't really freestyle all of that shit. He raps over a beat over and over again and cuts what he doesn't want out of the songs and keeps the parts he deems good. Every rapper claims they don't write anymore, but they do. Have you ever seen any of these clowns "freestyle"? They read off their iphones or rap a little known verse of there's that was on a mixtape. He's not bad because hes mainstream, there is good mainstream music, but lil wayne isn't included in that group. Back when he used to do the drought is over mixtapes and shit he was actually pretty solid, but then he just stopped trying. No ceilings was alright, but its the only thing hes dropped in a few years that was good.

18. I knew Drake couldn't freestyle, just looked up Wayne's freestyles on youtube. You're right about it, he doesn't even like to have a beat because he has to think for quite a while before he gets the next line out. Either way though, he still became one of the most successful rappers, and if I'm gonna listen to ignorant music I prefer it be him than say Waka Flocka or Gucci Mane. Wayne has a hot line every now and then, and I like his delivery. He's had a few other good songs, 6 foot 7 being one that sticks out. He's not the greatest rapper or anything, but he doesn't deserve a lot of the hate he gets, IRL he's a pretty cool guy and people wanna kill him because they don't like his music....really?