Lil Wayne - Tha Carter III

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Johnny Blazed, May 31, 2008.

1. Yeah.. hes good at writing shit on paper but I'll put him out in a battle or freestyle

2. thats great,

sell that many albums and id believe you.
    otherwise your just being "that guy" with nothing nice to say. .
    and you know the phrase that involves that

3. Alright, shut ya mouth unless you know about wayne.. Hes got all them tattoos but they dont mean shit.. Hes a bitch *****.. Who learned from gillie get ya suburban ass outta here and i would never be big as him cause I'd never sign the contract so they can own me, fuck that. I write my real shit not nothing someone wrote for me the dude has no history of battling either so what the FUCK ya mean?

4. your right i had so much respect for him because of his tattoos. . .

looooook, your only in here cuz you dont like him,

so why dont you see your way out to the official im a hater thread and hang out there?

goes to show that post count/membership length/rep is absolutely not a adequate representative of someones candor,
    excuse me while i get my 'suburban ass' out of here. .

5. Shows how much you know cause I have a lot of lil wayne on my ipod, I also heard alot of his songs, I like him.. But straight up I'm telling you he would lose in a battle.. Check back on the other threads I posted in there.. Jesus why you jumping to conclusions you look like a dumbass on the real.. Goes to show how much you know suburbia.. Peace

Go look at my playlist http://www.playlist.com/node/27972335

Pff

6. pm me, if you wanna continue this we've derailed this shit enough.
    cricket

7. who gives a fuck? battle rappers are dime a dozen

why not comment on the songs instead of derailing the thread and shit

8. How about cause he jumped at me.. I said he was good at writting his songs.. I like a few christ.. Go on with the threeeead :rolleyes:

9. the tracks are okay, but I feel he is not doing anything new or innovative.

I mean he has a good rhyming ability, uses a lot of rhymes and smilies that are above a lot of what the other mainstream guys are currently saying.

But I mean he is not on the level of a lot of other historic rappers because instead of anything different

same soul laced sampeled beats
    same drugs money guns bitches rhymes
    same over anxious thug persona
    same rhyming braggadocio perspective to the game

but thats just my opinion

10. Alright sorry but the shoot me down song made me laugh cause I know what its about.. :D

11. Wayne has talent but he ain't real. i guess everybody already knows that though.

12. ok ok, let the beat build is pretty dope

13. I had the Carter III maybe 3 months ago? Is it just now being released into the public or something?

14. No idea I had mine for awhile too

15. you guys didnt have the real shit, you had the leaked songs

everything i posted is brand new and just leaked except for dr. carter and the song with fab

this is the official joint thats dropping june 10th

16. yea the cd is sickk.. kinda fun listening to lil wayne rap about himself all high on cough syrup :D

17. Mr. Carter
    Let the Beat Build
    Tie My Hands
    Misunderstood

are the 4 standout tracks in my opinion.

Off the first few listens, i'm not really feeling Phone Home, Mrs. Officer, or LaLa.

Seems like people really like that Dr. Carter song but I'm not really seeing the big deal over it, the beat has an old school feel to it but it just sounds average to me.

Nothin on Me and Comfortable are pretty damn old, it's kinda surprising to see these 2 make it on there. I think for just straight lyrics Nothin On me is the best song on the album, and Comfortable is a good song too, but still for a release this anticipated you would expect brand new material.

I also would have honestly preferred more Kanye beats instead of the David Banner ones....I fuck with Banner but I'm just not feeling his recent stuff all like that and I don't think his beats sound right with Wayne for some reason.

I'll have to listen thru a few more times, but I can't say I think it's as good as I thought it was going to be. I think Wayne tried too hard to try different beats and concepts for the songs and it's somewhat hit or miss. I guess some people will appreciate that and that's cool, but when you compare the 1st 2 Carters to this one it just really lacks the raw street tracks like BM Jr, Tha Heat, Tha Mobb, Fly in/Walk in where Wayne just rips it from start to finish. I really wouldn't be shocked if a lot of the songs that made it on there were because of the record label pushing for them to be on there, but at the end of the day I'm gonna bump it regardless so I'm cool.

18. mr carter - song of the year EASY

great CD, props wayne