Lil' Wayne quits rapping for skateboarding

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by deadkndys, Aug 4, 2012.

1. #21 fraggleYOURrock, Aug 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2012
    ...... Get good?

He sucks. the video could be taken as a joke on him. He does a very simple trick and then gets super pumped about it and gets showed up or most of the vid is him busting ass.

If he gets famous for this it will have to be for his previous fame, and that is always sad.

2. so what, he's having fun and isnt that the whole point? =/

god the guy cant even take up a hobby without people bitchin about it

3. #23 Vicious, Aug 4, 2012
    I don't get all the hate. From what I can tell, skateboarding has seriously humbled him. He's got enough money to last him a life time, if he wants to seriously pursue a sport then good for him. Even if he doesn't skate competitively, it's cool that he's seriously putting some effort into it. After several years anybody can be decent-good at what they have dedicated themselves to. Like someone said, he beat the game and moved on.

It's not like people are born with the talent to skate, people have to start somewhere, I'd be pumped too if I just started being able to land a certain trick. It's not like he doing it competitively, in the end the most he'll probably put out is being featured in some skate movies, let the man have his fun.

4. Yeah aside from my dislike of his music I will say that accomplishing anything in an extreme sport is fun.

I'm into alot of rough sports but skateboarding is scary to me. I won't do it. You aren't landing on anything soft you are hitting straight concrete or metal. If you land a boardslide for the first time your going to be happy as hell. Your friends will too but thats about it. Because only your friends have seen you fall down, get broke, bleed, break bones, only to get back up and try it again like nothing happened.

Some tricks, by the time I finaly landed them, I was just expecting to get hurt while half listening to the advice of more experienced friends. I was literally thinking one time "I should just go back to my room, drink myself stupid, and fall down the stairs a couple times. I'd be accomplishing more." Then all the sudden some of the advice and trial/error kicks in and you land it. Instant happiness.

5. I'll admit hes not very good lyrically but that shit that you guys hate brings him a $100 million...quit talking shit about someones success. If you met Wayne you would see him as a pretty intellectual man. Lol snoop lion on the other hand sounds crazy as fuck. Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't he think hes Bob Marley reincarnated?

6. He sucks at rapping and skateboarding

7. I don't understand why you all hate him so much, if you don't like his music, don't listen to that shit. I've avoided him well enough to not know a single song by him, but maybe it's easier in the UK.

8. Well weezy YOLO so good for u

Lmao

9. he appears to be shit at everything.

10. But won't the Illuminati kill him for trying to get out? :rolleyes:

11. shit Wayne come down south and skate with the homies.

just dont bring your horrible fucking music/

:/

12. I don't listen to his music or skate.
    But in that video the man seems happy and alive.
    It's a step up from drugged/syrup'd and depressed so good on him.

13. Many laughs were had from this.

14. He's got more money than all you put together. He doesn't give a fuck

15. Skateboarding is getting too trendy anyways. They need someone to kill it and bring it back to the days of the early 90's.

16. You had me at "Lil' Wayne quits rapping".

17. There's three pages worth of comments, so yeah, apparently people do.

18. I hope he smashes his head.

19. #40 Blaze, Aug 4, 2012
    The haters in this thread are hilarious, If I sad what you said about him towards you, I would be banned lol

Stoners are not peaceful, I have no idea where that stereotype started.