Lil wayne isnt a bad rapper

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Deck-ter, May 13, 2010.

1. Everyone who keeps referring to C3 and after, did you people not hear No Ceilings?

That shit is a classic.

2. Honestly, I've listened to The Block is Hot and Lights Out, and I can't believe it when I read people say this. I automatically assume that they have no fucking idea what they are talking about because honestly he continued to grow a lot after The Block is Hot and he didn't do anything that great with Hot Boyz either.

The Block is Hot and before it were straight up average raps. There was a hot song in there from time to time (up to me) but the lyrics can not compare.

3. I'd say the word play is pretty well aware and understanding of it's message.

4. Again, you didn't hear No Ceilings?

Idk that mixtape fucking banged in my opinion.

5. It's not different, it's better.

6. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRp6iiXvzQk]YouTube - Big L & Jay-Z- 7 Minute Freestyle[/ame]

Lil Wayne aint good, these legends are. What they come up with off the top of their head is better than anything Wayne can put on paper.

7. #68 Bushwookie420, May 16, 2010
    Last edited: May 16, 2010
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwyOfqbP8JU]YouTube - Westwood - *EXCLUSIVE* Eminem freestyle Radio 1[/ame]

/thread

second song is my favorite.

8. I don't understand why people are arguing that Lil' Wayne has weak lyrical content and at the same time saying he can't compare to Biggie or Big L, two legendary artists whose biggest flaws were that their lyrics had no redeeming morality. That's a pretty backwards argument.

9. thank you sir!

10. #71 runthistown18, May 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2010
    lil wayne-10,000 bars>that
    lil wayne-6 minutes to death> that
    no ceilings> big l whole career
    drought 3> big l whole career
    anything off carter 2> that....

sometimes i wonder if people ever heard of any lil wayne songs other than that "lollipop" song

we don't even have to speak on wayne flow....this 1 min of lupe flow> that
    big l is a legend but not impressive at all

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaiwEPX7gnM]YouTube - Lupe Fiasco - Don't Get It Twisted (Freestyle) + Lyrics[/ame]

11. tha carter is the best wayne album imo... besides that he cant stay on a single for more than 2 bars and his voice seems to get more annoying with every passing mixtape. everybody always says he has great metaphors and yeah he does have some clever shit. he cant build on a metaphor tho and make it relate to another... he couldnt make a song like this.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnF0_m8wcHA]YouTube - Masta Ace feat. Strick - Unfriendly Game[/ame]

12. Wayne honestly does have potential. if he stopped being so wheezy and autotuney and switched up his flow bigtime .. and maybe started writing down some of his lyrics while injecting a little more depth into them....
    he could be dope.

but none of that is ever gonna happen.

so wayne's not dope. although yes, the first 22 seconds of that track the OP posted are what i base my claim (that he has potential) on.

also if he stopped picking so many straight up club candy beats it'd help his case

13. I dont really like the song at all, but that was still really impressice. He carried that metaphor like none other.

14. And sarcastic or not, that's a big factor for a lot of people. This isn't one dimensional art, it's multi-faceted.

15. i used to listen to a lil lil wayne :cool:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj5411DaXA8]YouTube - Lil Wayne - drop it like it's hot (feat. b.g. and mannie fre[/ame]

16. carter II had potential
    no ceilings sucked

Biggie is turning in his grave right now. Wanna know what makes All the greats better than wayne? They stayed true to themselves.

During the days from the Carter II back, wayne tried to put on this gangsta persona. He ditched all of his trap-rap roots, baggy jeans, and Air Forces for a pair of skinny jeans, a vocoder, and a drug habit on par with The Rolling Stones in their prime. He's lost most of the inflection in his voice that once made it unique, his punchlines have gotten considerabley less charming and more corny, and let's not forget the fact that he released a "rock album," which was really just a bunch of Party Like A Rockstar-records that Wayne decided to sing over with autotune.

He was never my favorite rapper, but I saw the carter II as a good album. But he isnt true to himself. He is just an entertainer who will change anything about him to sell. Biggie, Big L, Pac, and the other greats never did that.

17. Do you realize how stupid you're making yourself look?

"That n!gga hit me with a can of beer, then he ran in fear, later they found him hangin' from a chandelier" - Big L - Devil's Son

"Ayo, it’s Weezy muthaf-cking, easy with the hating
    B-tch I’m in the building you just decorating
    I’m just detonating
    Then I get blatant
    More dangerous than internet datin" - Lil Wayne - Banned from TV

"If rap was a game he'd be M.V.P, the most valuable poet on the M.I.C" - Big L - M.V.P

"My flow is nasty, like C Y Phyllis,
    Self-made G, and them bitches know the business.
    Relying on rap, but in the kitchen I'm a chemist,
    And when I was 5, my favorite movie was the Gremlins" - Lil Wayne - Sky's the limit

Big L spit's more in one line than wayne does in four

And those aren't even dope lines from L

18. qft, if you like lil waynes candy style thats great. I just dont feel it.

19. Big L not impressive at all??????????? ???? My jaw just dropped so far it stubbed my toe.