Li'l Dize's 2nd CFL Grow - Bagseed

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by LilDize, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Hey all, im starting my "2nd" indoor grow op. seeds are germ'd and in soil.Im using the same box i used last time, a small speaker box painted and rigged up. The only change Ive really made is the exhaust is up top instead of at the bottom as i did my first time. seedlings havent broken the ground yet but so far ive noticed the temps have stay around 76F which is cloase to 10-15 degrees lower than last grow (i also dont have much light in the box yet so thats probably the biggest reason). Still growing bagseed and using CFLs.

Hope everyone watches and can throw in some pointers!:)

2. Pics and a journal or it never happen!

Can't wait

3. These are a couple from my last grow. Some are from the beginning others are closer to the end. will be taking new pics when the seedling break soil.:)

Attached Files:

4. some of them didnt upload because i have them posted on older threads.

5. Ya this the first I've seen em since way back when, ur posts in the old thread peaked my interest again. Good job lol

6. hey thanks man! yea she was a little bigger than those pics when i harvested her but still got around 13gs dried and cured. just finished the little half and am eager to get another going. this time im trying 12/12 from seed and hopefully getting 2 plants in there this time.

7. I'd be careful with the 12/12 unless it's an auto, ever since that damn thread came out I've seen ppl tryin it and the majority of them end up being a single .6-1.0 gram nug lol yeah I was browsing Lookin around for some pics of the end and couldn't find any, came a long ways in the last few months

8. good point. ive seen that alot too. i may just veg for a wk then. im going for 2 plants maybe 3 since ive moved the exhaust up top this time around. all in all im sure this time should go more smooth

9. Hello All! well after ccoastal's reply i think im going to give em' a little veg time but not much. my last grow (in the two above pics) was a single plant i topped and LST'd and it vegg'd for only 10 days growing into a monster for its tiny box. this time i will attempt a 7 day veg w/ four plants maybe just topped no LST (theres more room "up" then "wide" in the box). now i know im working with bagseed and genetics alter from strain to strain so i will just have to hope that they all four will fit in the box by the time harvest comes. if not. they will be prime to put outside after flowering is induced to spread theyre wings...or branches rather! four seedlings popped yesterday so i suppose this is theyre day 2 above ground.

apologize for no pics. pics coming later today.:)

10. Oh nice, if u find one u really like and it's getting too big or u just really like it u can always take a clone, it's pretty easy and u will know how it grows a little better and keep ur seeds, plus clones don't need much veg time at all to turn out awesome.

11. ive never tried cloning but have always wanted to. i guess i feel its more of an advanced technique although it seems simple enough. really though im waiting to get some real seeds ordered online or from some dispensery before i bother with cloning. thanks for keeping in touch though man! just about to post the first pics!:smoke:

12. Well i have 4 seedlings sprouted in 50/50 FFOF/CoCo. coco being the top layer the seed was rooted into. theyre all in peat pots for easier transplant. i think im going to go for 7 day veg period although it will really be whenever they look ready enough (i dont want sprouts put into flowering). temps stay around 75-80F and humidity is quite low but im not too worried about that. sorry about the quality but over time they will get much easier to see!!!:)

Attached Files:

13. Yeah it's pretty simple all u need is some cloning gel or powder and just angle cut a small branch, cut a slit in the stem, roll it in gel or powder, stick it in soil and cover it with a water bottle or something for humidity and in about a week u will have roots poppin, quicker if u folar spray it while it's rooting. Make sure when u transplant that u cut the peat pot I've used em a couple times with varied results, I've had some pot in there that still hadn't degraded even after harvest, I put the whole thing in there before and it stunted the growth for a bit, the roots had to climb out of the planter and into the soil, but ive had great results when cutting it or just taking the bottom off. Good to see u got a plan goin tho for sure

14. yea i filled the peat pots half way because ive seen that sprouts tend to get real tall when they first break soil. unfortunately i think i got em a bit too low so i was thinking after a day or two when they get settled id cut the rims of the one or two pots where the sprout didnt reach the top. i know that was probably confusing so ill post pics sometime this week of what im talking about. anyways all goes well and the seedlings are looking amazingly healthy. more so than last time. also to what you mentioned, i didnt notice any problems with roots getting through the peat pot last grow. however i did move it around a bit and it seemed to loosen the pot up to where there were threads of peat falling off and such. it got fluffier and more pliable i guess. i may just work it a bit if they are still to stiff when transplant comes.

btw pics coming again next week!

15. man... those last shots are worse than the JFK murder shots... get in closer

16. LMAO! nice...yea they were taken with my laptop. i got a camera but i share it with my girl and shes got it right now on some trip so i gotta wait till next week to get it back.

17. Hahaha lol lol anywho lol ya it all made sense looks like u got a pretty good handle on it the stretchin from the sprouts is usually cuz everyone is afraid of burnin them so they put the light too far away

18. last night i was testing out another power supply and forgot i unplugged my exhaust fan to do so. this morning i woke up to 109F temps in the box @ 11 a.m. my lights are on at 4 off at 10. i suppose my exhaust wasnt running for a good 6-7 hrs. however i have an interior fan that turns on with the lights and it st likely was running for sometime till it got so hot that my fan burned out. seedlings still look lush and green and leaves are perky believe it or not. i guess i sacrificed one fan to keep my plants alive!:eek: all in all im happy my plants still look healthy but im pissed i lost a fan...:mad::mad::mad:

19. Ooh man good thing u checked!! They coulda been fried by the end of the day..whew lol sucks about the fan but ur right at least it did hari kari to keep the babies alive, I've got a lil wallmart 4" fan that works wonders a couple guys here have em they only like 8 bucks or something like that with a fuse in the plug so it doesnt burn up if something happens

20. looks like im on my way to walmart to find that fan. couple questions though...can you mount the fan to the wall and is it easy to rewire. im going to have to rewire because there arent any holes in my box that a plug can fit through the back so all my wires have been cut and fed through then rewired once inside the box.

thanks ccoastal!:)