Like J.Rocc, Madlib, Peanut Butter Wolf?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by TheNightGoes90, Aug 30, 2008.

1. You should definitely check out the Stones Throw podcast series.

Hours and hours of amazing music not available anywhere else.

Do a Google search and see what you come up with. You won't be disappointed.

:smoke:

2. yeah, that podcast is awesome. I love Stones Throw - one of the more exciting hip hop labels...

3. Shit, sounds good man. I have the chrome children compilation, which I dig, so I'm definitely looking forward for the podcast. You have very good taste in music, lo fi and ill hip hop! You ever listen to flying lotus?

4. ^^^Only in commercial breaks during Assy McGee.

You're the second person to suggest I check out his studio stuff, though. I'll track it down.

5. #6 TheNightGoes90, Aug 30, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2008
    Also, if you dig that jazz/funk feel, check out Jackson Conti's Sujinho. It's actually Madlib under a pseudonym. It's all original instrumental compositions, and it's amazing.

That guy is one of the most creative people in music today.

Edit: I'm sure you'd dig Jackson Conti now after reading the Jazz Appreciation Thread.

6. Madlib's uncle is John Faddis, this rediculous bop trumpet player who teaches at my school. Which makes sense since his father, Otis Jackson Sr, was a jazz musician as well. John's a fucking asshole though.

7. stone throws is the shit...i personally like mf doom

8. Yea, stones throw is too ill. Don't forget Dilla, guilty simpson, etc. If anyone here hasn't heard of J Dilla, and is a hip hop fan deff. do yourself a favor and check him out. rip dilla

9. flying lotus is mad sick!!

I say it sounds like the soundtrack to the end of the world.