Like Father, like Son

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SmokinP, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Yet more "What's it got to do with you Johnny Foreigner?"

Stick to the topic at hand pal - yet more revelations about the Trumps and their murky dealings with the Soviets.

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Nah, I'll stick to the fact that you got a hard on for the US and Trump and you keep braying about it for years.
    Seems more entertaining than your empty Trump stories.

• Like Like x 5
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. It's weird how Assange has seemed to aligned himself with Trump. Maybe he knows something we don't?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. You rip on Jeb Bush on national television several times successfully
    You rip on corrupt mainstream media on national television several times successfully
    You rip on Hilary Clinton several times successfully
    Julian Assange likes you
    Leftists think you're "literally Hitler"

Seems like a winner to me.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. He knows what its like being locked in a room for six years, and what that does to your mental faculties.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Oh yeah, nothing to see here

Doesn't bother any pro-Trump supporters that his campaign and administration has vehemently and incredulously denied that anything like this took place, and now we have proof that it did? Whether Donald Jr. walked out with any useful information is beside the point. He took a meeting with a Russian national who, he was made aware, was working on behalf of the Russian government and their efforts to support Trump and damage Clinton. Am I missing something?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1

7. Interesting. The reports I have read state that the NYT was about to publish said emails and Junior is getting it out first..

"Trump Jr released the email chain on Tuesday apparently to pre-empt its publication by the New York Times, which, this weekend, first broke the news of his meeting with Veselnitskaya in June last year."

Donald Trump Jr posts emails from Russia offering material on Clinton: 'I love it'

Russian Dirt on Clinton? ‘I Love It,’ Donald Trump Jr. Said

We should all be very appreciative of this excellent investigate journalism by the NYT. If Trump had his way the media would have to run every thing by him before publishing.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Totally agree. The New York Times and the Washington Post are consistently doing great work.

That being said, my TV has hardly strayed from CNN during the last two months.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. it doesn't bother me no. I think its entirely plausible that a meeting set up by a british PR guy that turned into jackshit was forgotten about. Pretty sure he takes lots of meetings, most last longer than 20 mins I would imagine, especially the really dirty and fruitful ones.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. 19944241_1490218524333357_5879655204503247012_o.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. That's exactly what I would expect of them. There's a political witch hunt and they have plausible deniability, why mention such an insignificant meeting? They didn't know that Obama tapped Jr's emails.

How would Jr. know they were going to publish the whole thing and not milk it like they normally do?

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  12. Juniors back was to the wall and to try to get ahead of the game he spewed first.

The NYT had him by the balls.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. That's what Assange advised him to do. NYT claim they were going to release the email, but their MO is to milk it and twist the context.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Most of the media is so desperate for a scandal that they'll use something as stupid as this little meeting to push their Russia narrative. Of course they said nothing happened.

They are trying so hard to make Trump the next Nixon and it's getting pretty sad at this point.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. #36 SmokinP, Jul 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
    Without the excellent investigative work by the NYT we wouldn't even know about this meeting.
    The NYT brought this into the public sphere.

I'd tend to believe the NYT before any of the Trumps who have no understanding of what truth is. The Trumps label anything critical of them as fake news. It's absurd and a blatant attempt to muzzle the press.

“Freedom of speech is a principal pillar of a free government; when this support is taken away, the constitution of a free society is dissolved, and tyranny is erected on its ruins. Republics…derive their strength and vigor from a popular examination into the action of the magistrates.”
    Benjamin Franklin

• Like Like x 2
  16. Meh. The deep state would have just leaked it to a different mouthpiece.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. And that would not be a good thing?

The public have a right to know what's going on. Its starting to look like Kushner, Manafort and Junior were all aware of what this meeting was about.

"The emails show music promoter Rob Goldstone telling the future US president’s son that “the crown prosecutor of Russia” had offered “to provide the Trump campaign with some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father”.

British-born Goldstone adds in the exchange of 3 June 2016: “This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government’s support for Mr Trump.”

Seventeen minutes later, Trump Jr welcomes this with the reply: “If it’s what you say, I love it, especially later in the summer.”

In a later email, Goldstone describes the Russian lawyer they are due to meet, Natalia Veselnitskaya, as a “Russian government attorney”.

Trump Jr agrees, adding that he would probably be accompanied by “Paul Manafort (campaign boss)” and “my brother-in-law,” Jared Kushner, husband of Trump’s daughter Ivanka and now a senior White House adviser.

The formatting of the emails suggests that Trump Jr forwarded the whole chain to Manafort and Kushner before the meeting the three attended with Veselnitskaya at Trump Tower in New York on 9 June.

On Sunday, Trump Jr had said he had asked Manafort and Kushner to attend but not told them what the meeting was about. An associate of Manafort said on Tuesday that the former campaign chairman claims not to have read to the bottom of the chain of emails forwarded to him and Kushner by Trump Jr about the meeting. Jamie Gorelick, an attorney for Jared Kushner, did not respond to questions about whether Kushner read the emails and why he attended the meeting."

'I love it': Donald Trump Jr posts emails from Russia offering material on Clinton

• Like Like x 1
  18. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. the only people who give a shit about this are the ones who want trump out. plain and simple. This is so ridiculous and sad really. Its really sad. Its scary that anyone would believe what the media is spoon feeding them at this point.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1