Lights = Yield?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Soon2beGURU, Feb 11, 2009.

1. So im doing some research looking to start an 8 plant hydro setup in the next month or two. I talked to a buddy who has a ton of indoor soil and hydro as well as outdoor experience and he said when growing indoors, the light pretty much will produce the same yeild no matter how many plants. I mean within a close range. Is this some what true?

I mean im going 1000 W HPS with clones either way and im thinking 8 plants will be perfect for that. I doing CO2 as well. Should i just go with huge plants instead of 8? Cost is not an issue. Thanks GC

2. more light= higher yield. with light proximity= closer = higher yield. hope this helps

3. I mean 4 plants having the same yield as 8 plants if they both were under 1 1000W HPS

4. Im thinking only if you let the 4 plants grow bigger, so takes longer time. 8 plants would have a combined growth rate that's much faster than 4 plants. Only once they get big that the quantity of plants matter... but thats when you cut them down!