lights went off

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Dawg2k7, Jun 18, 2008.

1. So i was about 2 in a half weeks into flowering, Buds were forming and all that, and my light schduel is from 1 pm - 1 am. the lights shut off at like 6 :00pm and so i put the plants next to the window to get as much light as possible since the power shut off. and i left them there tell 9:00pm then put them back in the grow room, and the lights still havent came on, tell the next day then they went with there normal sechduel how bad did this get fucked up?

2. Better that they receive more dark than more light during dark hours.
    Should be fine, once or twice shouldnt matter too much, anymore than that and your pushing it.

3. thanks man, i kinda of figured that, i was just wondering because my buds are looking unnormal from everyone else buds so i was just checking, anony can you go check out my post in general indoor grow and check out that fourm and help me out, ive got pictures and they just dont look like normal buds to me. thanks man.

4. Ya because plants in the wild never ever go through storms where it can be very cloudy to no light at all. [/sarcasm] They are going to be find don't worry about it.

5. hahahahaha..... i dont know what to say to that expect hahah cause that was funny. but screw you! jp man thanks.

6. yup yup no problem there dawg, Ive done worse man check this...

I went on a business trip and before I left, I adjusted my timer so the lights would come off and on every few hours so they would not use as many nutes and I wouldn't come back to a dried up shrivled and dying plant. I must have accidentally reset it or something because when I came back the light was on non-stop right in the middle of flowering...yikes!! They were thirsty and wilted but I nursed them back.

So yeah it delayed my harvest a little but no damage done other than that. In your case its actually probably good for it. Try tweaking your light schedule here and there, give em a longer dark period throughout flowering and you will be able to harvest quicker without comprimising potency (yield will go down slightly though). I usually go to a 10 light/14 dark period after the 4th week, just my method... works for me

And you are saying storms are good for the plant??? Right, like everything that happens in nature must be simulated indoors? Oh thats right, I do blast my plants all the time with monsoon force winds and tarenchel down pours, great idea...

dude was asking what affect an interruption of light can have on a plant, not if it can happen in nature... think before you post, it can avoid one from looking foolish...

8. Lol no need to do any bashing there bud. Just showing him that in nature they have/do probably go threw a lot worst then losing a couple of hours of light. So no harm in what happen.

I am glad the OP had a sence of humor and knew I was not making a dumb comment to make fun of him in any way and actually took it in the right manner.

And yes I think you should go do all those dumb things to your plants...... just for fun post the after pictures because I am sure that is the key to sucess! [/sarcasm]

9. Gotcha, will do... post up some piccies after the big storm... gonna get me some conductors to simulate some lightning too, yup shouldn't harm the ballast either...

No prob Bob, didn't mean to bash more like making fun of the silly comment... trying to get a rise outta ya, I peg em' every time on the forums, just pegged you as one of those peeps

peace