Lights too close

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by RecliningCough, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Hey all,
    I think I figured out what was causing my leaf issues
    I had my lights way too close (t5's and LEDs)
    Moved them closer to 2 feet away now
    At first thought I had mites or something but now I am getting the browning, curling, and drying
    Does it sound like Heat/Light stress to anyone else

2. T5s shouldn't be 2 feet away. You can (should) place those very very close (4-8").
    LEDs is a whole different story. 18"-24".

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Even the T5's were too close or the LEDs were bleeding over

4. To me it doesn't look like heat or light stress; it looks like too much N-fertilizer.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. We have a winner LOL. I'd do a flush and lower Nitrogen fo show! Sorry, I'm stoned.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. I have been using the General Organics Starter box and going by their schedule
    Will be getting a zero water filter this Friday - but well water is only 90PPM mostly cal and zinc when tested
    I will flush probably tomorrow when the soil gets a little dryer

7. What are the ingredients? They don't publish them on their website. Who knows what you have been giving them and if it is even organic. Not sure what they are hiding but maybe one of their secret ingredients turns leaves yellow. Very rare to have excess with true organics, especially Nitrogen. I emailed them and complained one time and they sent me a picture of the ingredient label. Hard to help when all you know is the name they call it. Probably afraid to admit it is derived from poultry byproducts.

8. You are correct only NPK ratios on the bottles - nothing on their site
    Was listed as one of the top five most popular on a few other grow sites ( under the CANNA Nutes) in with Fox Farm
    Any suggestions on GOOD - CHEAP nutes
    I want to use the CANNA nutes but I cannot afford them right now

9. i think I know what I did - I burnt them by using a too hot solution for killing the mites - flushed tonight - hope they recover

10. ah, It's not the brand that makes a difference. Almost always too much, not enough, ph, environment. They are all about the same. If you want to stay organic, the nutes are part of the soil and process, not the nutes you dump on later.

11. Why filter your water if it’s only 90 ppms? And mostly cal and zinc, which are beneficial to cannabis.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Your leaf's will fold up or together and the leaf's tip will curl up from heat …………..
    That's not from heat..
    A T5 light can deform young plants .if to close .
    Makes the leafs look like lettuce.

13. That is what the nutes I am using say is best use

14. Not necessary but up to you.

15. Want to do it just to make sure - Plus after rain I noticed my PPM went up at the faucet to almost 200

16. ANd I dont know what is in it at that reading

17. Yupp looks like claw tip leaves usually a sign of to much N also looks a lil overwatered.

18. For mites u should just buy the organic spray u just spray the leaves stock n soil.

19. Def not over watered - I let it get down to almost 0 on my meter before water/feeding only do it every 2 -3 days
    I did do it early this time do the the fact that most are saying it is a nute issue - so trying to flush like advised

20. that is what I did - but I over mixed the solution did what it takes for an entire gallon in half a gallon - Burnout mistake