lights on in my grow room during 12off time

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Deno420, Apr 8, 2012.

1. I have my room pretty sealed off from light as much as I can. BUT I have a window ac 3ft away from my girls that's digital and its reset on the plug in has a lite on it and my lil space heater has a light on it.... I placed duck tape on all of um and blocked as much as I can out on all 3 things but if I dident should or wood I b worried????... cause I kinda need to b able to see my A/C settings that's currently taped over LOL. If I dident have them taped off u coulld deffently see while ur in there...with um taped u can still see some lite but its not blingen in my room and off my poly walls.

2. I always thought the whole complete darkness thing was kind of bull crap. Sure it's ideal, but a tiny amount of ambient light isn't going cause all your plants to turn into lanky hermaphrodites.

What happens in nature when the moon is out? It's certainly not completely dark outside. Hell, some nights I go outside and I can see perfectly fine even before my eyes adjust. A dark room is much darker than a dark night. Turn off every light in your house at night and you'll notice the only thing visible is your windows.

I wouldn't worry about it unless your dark period is brighter than the brightest of nights.

3. No one knows what the minimum threshold of light is for your particular plants, and you don't have an effective way of measuring it even if you did. That's why total dark is the safe and prudent solution. Growers have reported on here that small operating lights on appliances or a power strip have disrupted the flowering process and caused hermies. Keep the dark dark.