Lights Off In Growtent..fan Off Or On

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by bigc29, Jun 2, 2013.

1. i have a 4 by 4 tent. my plants are about 1.5 months old, i keep my light on 24 hrs day, so i just started doing 18 on 6 off. now when everything is zipped up & the vents are shut do i keep the exhaust fan on or off..cuz its sucking the tent in
    Thanks for ur help

2. anybody.....

3. Its really up to you. I keep mine on a timer so my humidity doesn't skyrocket. What do your plants think of ur idea?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. but when the lights are out, i shut the  vent holes so no light gets in & with no holes the fan is sucking the tent in..so i can't have the fan on for the 6 hours the lights are out..i was wondering how everyone else did it

5. Fans on at all times. Even when the lights are off you still need to displace that stale air and get it out.

6. Fans on at all times dude :D

Your plant needs air exchange all day because she needs to be able to absorb stuff from the air too. 

Whats the strain on your display picture btw bro? That shit looks dank as fuck!

7. don't know...its just a pic off the internet

8. [/quote]
    but when the lights are out, i shut the vent holes so no light gets in & with no holes the fan is sucking the tent in..so i can't have the fan on for the 6 hours the lights are out..i was wondering how everyone else did it[/quote]

I never understood why the tent sucking in is a problem...its negative pressure its supposed to happen, lol. If you are worried about light getting in is understandable but it doesn't hurt it only helps. Imagine being in a closet all dam day and not having fresh air, stuck breathing in your hot breath for six hours.
    Just trying to bring my point home so I hope it helps you out.:rolleyes:

Sent using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. fans and blowers on most all the time here