Lights is turning plant red... How?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Cannabis_Carni, Aug 8, 2019.

1. I have been growing a plant into week 5 or 6 of flower and it has slowly been changing colors. I get it. But today I noticed it's only where the light hits most.
    20190807_170629.jpg 20190807_170620.jpg
    Interesting... I know that light can burn plants, but my plant is very happy and healthy aside from color change. Maybe it's a fall response, but I wonder why just where light reaches. What is the mechanism causing the color change?

I have a Mars II 900 watt led light. It specializes heavily in blue and red light. My plants vegged outside in the first half of summer, and have been on an 11 on/13 off light cycle. Finally, the grow tent is roughly 4' x 4' x 7'. Thanks, this seems like some cool weird science to me!

2. How’s the temps? Cold temps can cause purple color to come out on the leaves and buds

3. looks normal for mid to late flower

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Temps fluctuate. They usually stay 5 degrees warmer than room temperature of northern Colorado. I'm curious though, what is the science behind the reaction?

5. Some strains turn purple from genetics, it starts around mid flower. Just look at my profile pic lol, no cold temps needed.

• Like Like x 1
  6. My citral always does it....just in the genes[​IMG]

Sent from my TA-1033 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  7. highsmyth420, that sure looks tasty.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Like others have stated....some genes just do that....isn't it beautiful??:GettingStoned:

9. Most def I love Purple Strains!! :Joint:

Sent from my 5041C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. That's not the light doing that

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Cold water will do that?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Before I started growing fight 10 12 years ago if you have some dang purple wees you have one guy bugging you for the whole f****** lot. Yes that's why we are asking for temps. Also look up ur strain and see if they have any photos to see if they have the purps

Sent from my SM-G935T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Hell someone the other day said that ur water and feeds need to be like 68°
    That's why ppm and pH meters have temps now. I flower outside and I didn't run last winter or it got down into the forties at night and some of my girls turn black some turn purple and like Jack herer stay Green as can be

Sent from my SM-G935T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  14. No shit! I’ll be giving my purple kush ice water.

15. heres my kush plant with purple leaves just genetic ,,no cold nights etc,,mac. IMG0271A.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  16. 2 things I know of can do this # 1 too much light #2 mag deficiency in an otherwise healthy garden.

If possible lift light and add extra cal mag to next watering.

That does not look like genetic purpleing

Sent from my SM-A530W using Grasscity Forum mobile app