Lights info

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Michael A, Aug 21, 2018.

1. hey all. new to growing. cant afford big led light setup.
    was wondering how good these are and can they be used for veg AND flower? 20180820_214717.jpg

2. how about your grow size?

• Like Like x 1
  3. You could use CFLs to veg with but you need more than a few light bulbs to flower.
    50 watts per sf

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I see a "sponsor" is here..forget about their lights! Check out the multiple threads here on Quantum Boards from HLG! Quality and afforable..
    Say NO to Burples..LOL
    QB 1-20-18=1.JPG Quantum 135w.JPG

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Do a google search "growing with off the shelf LED bulbs" there is some great info on using off the shelf LEDs, I.e. using many low watt LEDs is better than less high power bulbs, removing the plastic globes, etc. yes it can be done in small grows but the costs add up quickly....

• Like Like x 1
  6. What is your max budget for lighting and size of your grow area? I'm a huge fan of quantum boards myself. You can build a nice lamp that rivals the big money Leds for fairly cheap. Cfls and household led bulbs do ok for veg. But to really get enough light to grow decent, you need a lot. That means different multiple sockets , cords or table lamps or clamp lights. The money starts to add up, and in the long run, by the time you get enough of the stuff to grow just ok bud, you'll spend just as much if not more than if you just bought a qb. My light cost me 400 to build. If I was to buy one of equal size to cover my area, it ywould have cost me well over 1000. It's a 2.5' x5' light. You could also check Craigslist for used grow equipment.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. What is your budget?
    The QBs are not more expensive than the imported cheapo burples.
    They are extremely efficient..
    Remember..In Veg..they are on 18hrs per day..flower 12hrs per day..
    ALWAYS figure in your electricity costs to make a good decision'

YOR - Advanced Energy Cost Calculator

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. QB Bathtub grow (Yes, I load em up with light!!)
    2x QB132 2700k (4 for $150 + $50 for a driver..280 REAL watts + 1x QB288 (3000k 135 true watts)
    Not too bad for "cheap" lights eh?
    5-10-18 tub.JPG

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Remember..Lights are the FOOD..Nutes are the Vitamins..They are what they EAT!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. I'll be back..Dab time..LOL

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Yup yup:RoorRip:

• Like Like x 1
  12. x3..LOL

rosin 8-7-18.jpg
    Rig Guest.JPG

Dabbing.gif

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. I made up $150 worth of led bulbs and wiring etc. with a China burple yea it worked but quantum boards came out I quickly abandoned them, I wish I would have found them first, save your self $$ and avg growth and buy a few quantum’s...

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 2
  14. my bathroom counter. 2 plants max

15. 20180820_193649.jpg i have it in day light, then move inside under lights to keep it in veg.
    i stopped bringing it in last night so it will flower. but i want info about the lights for the future. was trying to.avoid spending money on a led grow panel

• Like Like x 1
  16. Pop the plastic glob off that led you'll gain much more light, CFL's need to be almost touching your girl to be of value also attach some type of reflector your loosing 50% light, what you presently have might keep her from flowering but it's not enough to grow or flower her with bro,

• Like Like x 1
  17. that set upnwas just to keep it in veg. its outside from sunrise to sunset.
    i dont bring it inside anymore either. put it in flowering stage. no more night lights. it stays outside now. today was day 4 no lights, only sun.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Like ^^^^ said.
    Led conversion.jpg

• Like Like x 3