LIGHTS!!! I nedd advice

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by acolangeli, Aug 26, 2008.

1. I had two out door plants my big one went male, this left me with one skimpy-ass little one as my female. so i took 5 clones and brought them inside. how long can i keep them under a 4ft floro before its not enough. I know this is not ideal but its all i have at the moment.

2. really its depends on how big you want them.....but you should find the wattage and lumens of the 4ft floros...i think its 50watts per plant..wait maybe thats for flowering....and no clue on the need lumens...... its a start neways..

3. k did a quick check for ya...i believe it 100watts for your first plant and 50watt for any other......and minimum of 2800lumens per 1sq ft area(plant).....

i think you need..300watts....or 15000 lumens total...
    more light the better, healthier plants and faster growth...

feel free to correct me if im OFF...

4. ive kept clones under 24 hrs of floro. for months they just get tall you need to keep the light as close as possible or they will get all lanky and tip over!! keeping them under 24hrs will give you plenty of time to decide what you want to do... good luck

5. well thanks for the read. Ive had them under 24/0 for about a week and a half swithed then two 18/6 today. but the little new growth tips are blackening. anysuggestions. the lights are about 3 inches away. no idea on watts at the moment ill go check shortly.