Lights for seedlings

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Hybrid Civilian, May 17, 2019.

1. Hey guys I have 4 seedlings that sprouted 2 days ago, they are going to be outdoor plants but at the moment the weather turned to crap and I'm having to use lights. Right now I have a 40 watt cfl and a 45 watt led on them about 3 to 4 inches from the plants. I found some 100 watt led bulbs, will those be to strong for seedlings or would it be okay if I maybe move the lights away from them a bit? IMG_20190516_182829.jpg IMG_20190516_190121.jpg

Sent from my Z981 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Those 100watts are only 17 watts. Go by the actual watts not equivalent. If the cfl’s are probably better if they are actual watts.

• Like Like x 1
  3. The bulbs in the box are much much brighter than the ones I'm using though, don't know if that means anything but yeah. Sorry I normally grow outdoor not used to the lighting indoor thing lol.

Sent from my Z981 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. yeah I had a 150w equivalent grow light. lasted 2,3 weeks plants started to stretch.

now I have 4 plants vegging for about 50 days now under a LED cob, true 50w. but will flower outdoors. get a good led, cobs, qb board led.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I like t5 96 watt set ups for little babies. Can get them hella close.

• Like Like x 1
  6. the LEDs will probably have a better spectrum - run all of them - get an outlet splitter

• Like Like x 1