Lights, Fans, Action!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Combustible, Sep 4, 2012.

1. There is about a week to go until my indoor tent is up and running and I had a few questions if someone would be so kind as to lend me some guidance. First off, do I leave my exhaust fan on 24/7? Secondly, would a "booster" fan be enough to exhaust a 48x48x78 area if that is all you used? And lastly, how close is too close to a MH/HPS light in the area we are talking? Thanks in advance :D:wave:

2. #2 pun650, Sep 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2012
    Ambient temp?

I have the exact same sized tent and I currently have a portable ac inside my tent... I battle heat all summer, and am finally flowering for the first time.

I run my exhaust fan at 100% lights on, and at 50% lights off.

Run my light above 3 monsters, 6-8 inches from tops. But I have my fans ducting pulling hot air from right beside the bulb. I have a crap wing reflector, 400w hps

Edit, booster fan isn't gunna be enough with a filter.

3. I would agree that a booster fan will not be enough. You want your fan to run 24/7 . I recommend these.

COOLTUBE WITH XL Wing REFLECTOR

Carbon filter kit

i have both and they were both worth every penny! The 440cfm fan with the filter was way worth it. Also the cooltube reflector keeps temps much lower!

4. ^that's a good deal on the reflector, but I can't believe the rope ratchets cost more. $77 with them, $34 without... or am I reading that wrong?