Lights close enough?/Leaf burn?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by beamish, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Hey I would appreciate your input on two questions I have.

First, in the pic below, are my lights too close or are they fine the way they are?
    [​IMG]

I figured they were good the way they are, but I noticed one of my plants has the very tip of the 2 serrated leaves brownish. I use bottled water to water, and the soil was prepared bagged soil that was supposed to be ph balanced and all that.
    [​IMG]

Thank you for your response!

2. The method I use is the best, put you hand above the leaf, if you feel burning, then so will the plant, simple.

keep a spray bottle and have it well vented to reduce heat and increase fresh air, dry room will dry plants out, seen by brown leaf tips.
    good luck

"V"

3. Greetings Beamish,
    I concur with Vostok on the hand test regarding light proximity. Also keep your humidity on the moist side. I'm still pretty new at this but have learned the hard way what works so far and if your leaves ar brown and curling - your humidity is too low and/or your lamps are too close.

What are those at the bottom or your spout in the 2nd pic? Looks like large BBs or something. It's out of focus pretty bad but I was just wondering.