Lights before seeds sprout?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by gregmagnu, Sep 27, 2012.

1. I germinated my 3 seeds for 26 hours in a cup of water and put them in there pots, they've been they're for about almost 2 days, and i was wondering does it affect the plants if you use light before they sprout? Ive heard different answers so I'm just wondering. And It been like 45 hours of the seeds in the pots, when should i be expecting them to come up?

2. [quote name='"gregmagnu"']I germinated my 3 seeds for 26 hours in a cup of water and put them in there pots, they've been they're for about almost 2 days, and i was wondering does it affect the plants if you use light before they sprout? Ive heard different answers so I'm just wondering. And It been like 45 hours of the seeds in the pots, when should i be expecting them to come up?[/quote]

During germination the seeds should be in complete darkness. When you planted did you make sure your tap root was facing down. If you did that they should sprout soon. Just be patient and make sure the soil is damp but not drenched.

3. If you have them soaking in water, or paper towel. what ever method you use, you want a cool dark place. When the tap root shows. you put it in soil, tap root down. about 1/4 inch in the soil. Lightly water and put under a light. The light needs to be there for when the seedling pops. the seedling is searching for the light