Lights and light leak solutions

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by WeedMan4lbg, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Hi all, I'm preparing my first ever grow! And I need some help from you the more experienced growers. My grow room will be some of those fancy tower cases with the two 250mm fans mounted in the side panel of the box.

My 1st question will be:

I need some kind of thin black out material that can be dropped over the fans on the inside to mask the light and let the airflow getting through. What is the most appropriate material for that?

My second question is:

I got four 2700k bulbs (25W equal to 125W), 1600 lumen each (6400 lumen total) for the flowering stage. And four 6400k bulbs (20W equal to 100W), 1400 lumen each (5600 lumen total) for the vegetative stage. Are this bulbs appropriate for growing or I need to change the vegetative bulbs?

Thank you all for the assistance.

2. most people use different pieces of pvc to stop light from getting in....or you can run ducting to keep it light proof.

3. how many plants you planning to grow with those lights?

4. if you plan on growing a plant or two those lights all work, as for light leaks ive seen people use 90 degree elbow pvc peices with an extension on it to block out light leaks with the inside of the pipes painted black to absorb light.

5. 3 or 4 in pc case

6. to all can u dudes post some images with this PVC solution because I can't imagine it? tnx

7. go check out 42childrenmental's post on his sneaky grow cab...he posted some pics on there for me, and it shows the idea.

8. Use both veg/flower lights for the whole grow, and you can manage a decent crop if you reflect your light well.

As far as lightproofness, mylar or black/white poly, and duct your fans.

9. Man tnx for the advise but I have two 250mm fans they are huge I mean if i duct them it will compromise my growing space after all this is a pc case but i still can't imagine this maybe if someone post some images........

10. Man tnx but can u give me the link to this post because I can't find it.... :)