lights and heat

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by smokeythedawg, Sep 11, 2008.

1. I'm thinking of using a 250w HPS in a grow cab. The cab will have to be in an outside shed due to lack of space indoors. The shed is neither heated or cooled and the daily temp has been in the 90's. My concern is the amount of heat the light will produce.
    I currently have 1 that i'm LST and 4 others that are just wee sprouts. They are growing fairly well in the shed at the present under 3 4' flourescents.
    Now I have one outside that's about 2'-3', a lot of stem but flowering well . It's the one going in the cab first. What's a safe distance to keep a 250 from the plant? Also, what about the heat build up? Any suggestions on fans, I'm thinking the computer fans will work.
    I have an standard oscilating fan keeping the air moving and a 6" fan blowing across the lights keeping things moving under the lights. I think with the growth of the outside plant and the fact it's flowering, it might be a good and safer time to move it inside.

Please help, I'm starting not to sleep worrying about my plant.

Smokey