Lights again !!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by blanchdave, Dec 19, 2007.

1. I want to change the bulb in my light but i dont know what to buy(pic of my light)

Is this metal halide / hps or what ?
    or Can u just use either 1?

The bulb thats in says "philips hpi-t plus 400w".

Im thinking of buying THIS.
    would it be suitable ?

Thanks again.

2. Google is your friend.

A quick search on "philips hpi-t plus" shows that the bulb is probably metal halide. I see it listed as metal halide but also "metal halogen", which might be something different than halide or might be a non-USA way of referring to halide, not sure.

Either way, you cannot put a regular HPS bulb in that fixture. Possibly a HPS conversion bulb, but I'm not advising that you do because there just isn't enough info here to be certain.

Is there anything written on the ballast or on the lamp?

3. thanks for the quick reply,,

im not sure what to look 4, so heres two pics,,

any help appreciated :)

Attached Files:

4. To me I see 240 volt application and 400watts. I dont know if its MH or HPS.

Search the model number and look for replacement bulbs, you can see what kind they have and how much they cost.

The ballast must support the bulb, if the ballast is not dual then you can only use 1.
    Again, i'd search google like suggested above and see what you can find

GL

5. So clearly its for European electricity.

The first pic says: "Lamp: sodio AP"...Could that mean high pressure sodium?

There just are too many variables here, I wouldn't advise using this unless you take it to a local electical supply company and aske them what it is.