lights 24/7 for 11 days.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by xtcking, Feb 24, 2012.

1. okay so... my seed just sprouted out of the soil, im using a CFL in a desk top light. the lamp is tool small to stay where it is right now for 11 days, but not big enough to move up yet with out stretching the plant. and is there any risk of fire or plant damage if i leave it on for the next 11 days while im gone?

i have a slow release water system, so that should be fine. but what do should i do about the lights? maybe move it up and shine it on a 45 degree angle towards the plant...?

2. I don't know if it's healthy for a newly sprouted plant to go 11 days without watering or care....Pics would be helpful as well. You won't have to worry about it growing into your light in the first two weeks. Put your light 5 inches from your plant and you will be fine.

3. slow release watering system. she should be fine for water. and there's a tiny piece of food in the pot with her.

4. but if the light is positioned right and there enough food and water she should be fine right?
    and is there any risk in leaving the lamp on for 11 days straight? mainly fire risk lol

5. lol no your fine. I leave a 800w light on 24/7 for months :).

6. alright so a desk light with like 100w should be fine?

7. Read what the max wattage on your lamp is. Should say somewhere. As long as you stay under that you can leave it on as long as you want.

Also seedlings shouldn't need food yet...

8. the lamp says 13 watts max. the light bulb is (100 watts uses 23)... so im over.. and i have 3 hours to get this good to go..

edit- so should i get a weaker light bulb? or a bigger lamp? or... which ever i can find?

9. Go to Walmart get a higher use lamp and be done with it. Easy solution.

10. already heading out!

11. [quote name='"xtcking"']already heading out![/quote]

Just buy one of those clamp lights for like 6 bucks. Youll be good with that.

12. problems solved! for now!

13. Dont kid yourself. A 23 watt is a 23 watt, regardless of its incandescent equivelant. We dont use incandescents so they dont factor into it.

If someone suggests 100 watts of CFL, they dont mean 1 23watt cfl, they mean 4-5 of them.

14. hence why i said i was over...