Lightproofing a passive air intake system

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Cultivator420, Feb 19, 2017.

1. So I have a 2x2.5 gorilla lite grow tent and it's great and all but I'm running into issues with how to lightproof my ducting that makes up my passive air intake system. I've heard I should spray paint the inside with flat black or put a couple bends in it to stop the light. I've also read about a light baffle and that sounds like a pain in the ass (I'm not that handy, I'm much better at the growing part of cultivation). Can I use black panty hose over the intake ducting to block light as well as act like a filter. Any help would be appreciated.

2. I would suggest maybe running to home depot and getting a solid piece of black drainage tubing.. the flexible stuff people run off of their gutter down spouts. or a piece of PVC with a 90 degree bend in it and paint the inside flat black. stuff it in the hole and duct tape around it.

3. Word. I'm gonna look into that. I was just there and grabbed 4 inch flexible foil ducting so I'll see if I can paint that. I was gonna "tie" it together to hold the bends in place maybe with a bungee cord. Is that just unnecessary?

4. Also it concerns me attaching duct tape directly to the tent. I just don't want to damage it. This one comes with drawstring that you cinch down.

5. yeah just use the tie, and put some gradual bends in the flex foil.. the bends should eliminate light leaks. light can only bend so much.