lighting..

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by father_parkers, Apr 11, 2006.

1. my grow area is about 2x2x2, i know, small. Right now I have two compact fluros, one putting out 800 lumens and the other, 1600 lumens. I also have two 20 watt gro lux wide spectrum fluro tubes. Is this enough to start?..if so, how far in growth do you think it would get me....thanks.

2. For that space you will need the folowing:

GROW SPACE AREA
    The area of your grow space is 4 sqft.

VEGETATIVE GROWTH - 15 watts per sqft
    The amount of HID or fluorescent light you will need for strong vegetative growth, mother plants or cuttings is 60 watts. This will need a power supply with a minimum rating of 1 amps.

FLOWERING MINIMUM - 30 watts per sqft
    The minimum amount of HID light you will need for flowering is 120 watts, this will need a power supply with a minimum rating of 2 amps. Expert growers can yield 2 ounces per month using this amount of light and space.

FLOWERING MAXIMUM - 60 watts per sqft
    The maximum amount of HID light you will need for flowering is 240 watts, this will need a power supply with a minimum rating of 4 amps. Expert growers can yield 4 ounces per month using this amount of light and space.

The minimum wattage you need is 60 watts. That will get you through veg. 120 watts is the minimum you need for flower. Expect to do a max of 2 plants in that space with that amount of light. I am not sure how many watts 2400 lumens is but, if you go with these wattage guidelines, your pot will grow.

3. alright, thanks man..good info. I figured out that I have about 80 watts in there, and its a bit smaller than 4 ft. sq.