Lighting

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by GreenThumb2114, Apr 11, 2016.

1. I need suggestions on lights for flowering, I'm only growing 1 plant at the moment so I only need enough for 1 plant but I'm not sure on what to buy ?

Sent from my SM-S920L using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Depends on how much u want to spend on the cost of the light and electricity. A 150w hid would do well for one plant, making nice thick buds.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  3. Budget, what are u growing in (cabinet, closet ect..) how much privacy and is it light proof? All questions to be answered before we begin this

Sent from my SM-G530T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  4. I'm growing in my closet, it's light proof and I have plenty of privacy!

5. I have 170w of CFL and my buds aren't very fat 4-5weeks in lol, so I don't know how much I like these CFL.

6. So should I go with a 150w HID/HPS bulb? Lol I'm using 1 cfl right now and it seems to be doing pretty well, it only puts off 2700k though

7. Hps and mh bulbs are the most proven grow light for cannabis. The only comparison for lighting is Led, which is like $600 for a good one. CFL is also less energy efficient per watt as a hid

8. They have good LEDs. he's only growing 1 plant you can get a Marshydro 300 about 140 draw for $80 maybe cheaper that will get you though veg and flower. It depends on your budget!!!
    Good Luck

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Okay, I've added another cfl to my plant so right now I'm using 2 cfl's that are putting off about 5400k, would that be sufficient enough for veg then switch to about 3000k for flower?