Lighting, what I have, what to get?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Anonhemp, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Decided to leave my lights on all night and not let them "sleep" yellowing is already gone. Should I leave them on 24/7 til my new light gets here? 20170819_162109.jpg 20170819_162128.jpg

2. Won't hurt them one bit

Sent from my VS425PP using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. I have the same lights I have 3 of them and love it

Sent from my SM-A520W using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  4. Hell yea how long u had yours

Sent from my VS425PP using Tapatalk

5. what space size you working with and what are your goals. 2 plants ig do with a mars2 the reflector us good but designed to throw thw light wide its good for long but not very deep enclosers lile a 4x2x6ft

a mars 2 will deliver higher intensity as it doesnt throw the light as far it keeps it in a tighter areas delivering higher Par.

i has a mars400w( 175w from the wall)
    and yeilded just under 9oz so it performed really well.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  6. yeah you can drop.a mars for sure we seen that from realstyles post. hell ove dropped mine a few times never caused an issue.
    and they did have a bad blue led burn out rating but since they upped there game got better blues ive not seen a blue burn out on my newer mars items.

so as long as its new its should be fine also mars are one of the easyiest to fix yourself with 1 screwdriver and soldering iron.

• Like Like x 1
  7. low watt hid like 75-100w hps o wouldnt go too big in a small space unless ypu know ya gonna gonbigger soon the 250w hps again is a great light which ypu can pick up cheap but kicks out wayvmore heat than an led but 250w is very controlable

• Like Like x 2
  8. yes these work well too OP again used these with good sucess always forget about the old model.mars lights

• Like Like x 1
  9. bloom spec.is just reds which can make ya plant leggy its grest all reds in the last two weks but its best to have a mixed spec light if you can i put mine on full reds last 10-14 days.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Right now the space is like 3x2x2&1/2 Lol. Wierd mesurements cause Theyre in a cupboard. But they are being moved to a New box/tent soon. Wasnt quite sure the size of the tent i would need for the light to work efficiently?

11. well how much are you wanting to grow and are you continueing to grow after each chop and how much do you smoke atm cause these will help gauge the size and light power you may need to fulfill your requirements.

the leds work well in all spaces hps you normally want bit of head room and better extraction but hps are cheap and a 250w does work well i got examples of led or hps . and auto/ photo plants.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Look into the Meizhi too..a little cheaper and better too IMO.
    Sometimes you can find open box specials on Amazon..I needed a little additional light and found a dimmable 300w on Amazon for $45 (Regularly $90) without a power cord..have plenty power cords and bought it..will get it shortly..
    (this is like 5 lights for me..LOL)

• Like Like x 1
  13. I'm growing solely for me, I just use it for pain so i don't smoke a lot unless I'm having a pretty bad day. (And a lot to me is like a gram maybe) I was only gonna do one plant, but ended up with 2 cause my first seedling got kicked over and bent in half, so i started a new seed. But I propped her up with dirt and she survived so now I have two lol. I'm not looking to get 9oz outta a plant or anything like that. As just 1oz will probably last me months lol. I Def want a decent amount but I don't need HUGE yields by any means, but I'll probly continue to grow afterwards cause it's just fun am I right? It's such a beautiful plant!

14. #55 generic98547, Aug 20, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
    If that's the case I'd stick with either the mars hydro 300 or quantum boards are badass and they have a board that costs 29$ and only requires a 24v 50W driver and that'll be some badass up to date tech. I know the 300 can yield 2-4 ounces per light and I've never used the quantum but for 50W I'd imagine I'd veg those plants well and add a second one before flower so each plant has its own light... bet two of those would beat a mars hydro 300 at a decent bit less wattage. Also if you could find an open box meizhi for that cheap that'd be badass too

• Like Like x 3
  15. Awesome, thanks for the info man. 2-4 oz would be great, that's more then enough to last me awhile. I was gonna get the 300 for my one plant and just use the 75 watts grow leds I have now for the other as an experiment. So far they're doing great just small. Nice and healthy though

• Like Like x 2
  16. I seem to be finding the hydro 300 with different specs? Got a reliable link to purchase one?