Lighting upgrade for 6x6 room

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by winks00, Apr 26, 2021.

1. Hello everyone!
    I hope this is not a question that has been asked and answered over and over. I looked through the forum and was unable to find what I am looking for.. Anyway, I am looking to upgrade the lighting in my 6x6 room. It is a 4 site RDWC system.
    I have been using Vipraspectra “blurple" lights (2 – 1200w and 2 – 900w) and they have worked fine, but it has been 3 years, and I want something more efficient.
    My research so far led me to the feeling that 4 or 5 qb288 v2 boards with individual heating put together with aluminum angle in a square pattern set to be the best I can find so far..
    Here are my questions:
    Is the meanwell elg 240 48a the best driver for the qb288 v2? And Howard are needed for 4 qbs? 5?
    Is there a single driver that will work for the 4 or 5 qb288 v2 set up?
    Is there a QB setup for a 6x6 area that is better that 4 or 5 qb288 v2 with driver(s)?
    Would one of the LED strip builds be more efficient??
    Is there another DIY build that I am just not thinking about that would be better for a 6x6 area??
    I am not an expert, but am pretty good with electronics as long as I have basic instructions. The purpose of building it myself is so I can spend my budget on components and not on a frame and/or wiring because I feel confident doing that myself. My budget is $1000 max, but would prefer to stay near $800. Although, in order to have the best possible components available, I am perfectly fine with building a 3x6 system and then doing another 3x6 system in 6 months and combining the two.. Another wards, buy half of the components, but go ahead and wire them up so I can use them. How, build it in a way that I can add to it as I am able to order the rest of the parts.. Or I guess I could do 2 separate lights..
    Please let me know if I left out any necessary information.