Lighting to plant ratio etc....

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Todd67, Sep 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Hello All,

I'm Todd, A newbie cannabis cultivator.......

I Have a 5x5x8 grow tent with a 900w marshydro LED, charcoal filter with inline fan.(albeit, 12x48" Phresh filter-vertical mount. Just need to reduce ventilation ducting from 12-10-6" . Many of the top of the line advanced nutrients. I'm also planning to go FOX FARM soil. I want to use organic mostly. I've heard for feeding a rule of thumbs is once a week. Soil ph as close to 6. A little sketchy on the ppm, any advice there. & I want to use an organic pest control product, I found "green cleaner".

I intend to even take cuttings for a clone grow, but I'm planning to use a tall portable greenhouse for that. And another for drying & curing. Anything I'm missing? I am also intending to top, and lollipop my plants for more yield.

I plan on transplanting clones into 3 gallon containers then one more time to 5 gallon containers.

My QUESTION IS:

Would 4 large plants of medium grow height "work" under a 900w mars hydro!(56-60 weeks of flowering and decent yields. )
    Thinking of these strains:

Harlequin

Sour OG

TRAINING DAY

Skunk #1

Any thoughts?!!!!

Thanks,

Todd

2. I would check with Mars to see what the TRUE Wattage Draw is..900w equiv in "Mars Speak" might be 400w true..

• Like Like x 1
  3. That light pulls 364 watts out of the wall and only covers a flower footprint of 3.5 x 3.5. Two plants but not 4 large plants under that light. If you want to maximize your light and yield, I suggest a scrog.

• Like Like x 2
  4. HahHah..I was a bit Generous, wasn't I..??
    @MickFoster knows for sure!!;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks! That's a good point

• Like Like x 2