Lighting Times

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Vance71975, Sep 10, 2014.

1. I think i have finely figured out which lights and bulbs I want, Now I have a New Question. Right now, under CFL i am running 18 on 6 off. I am switching over to an 8 bulb 54 watt T5 unit, Am i going to want to stay at 18 on 6 off? Also should i be at 18 on 6 off for the whole time i am growing my plants or do i need to change it to mimic the seasons changing?I am just really lost as to what type of lighting schedule i should be running. They are in a Grow Tent, I am including Photos of some of the stuff i have growing right now under the CFL bulbs.The plant in the Photo that was taken Outside is a Goji Berry Bush, it started in the tent.

DSCF0296.JPG DSCF0179.JPG DSCF0182.JPG DSCF0274.JPG

Please consider THIS is what i grow in my grow tent:

Catnip

A Fig Tree that i am Dwarfing I am also planning a Lemon and a Lime Tree dwarfed or "Bonasi" style if you prefer.

Tomatoes

Basil,rosemary,thyme and other cooking Herbs

Carrots(purple ones)

Radishes

Lettuce Blends

Wheat/oat/rye/barley grass

Hot Peppers

Bell Peppers

2. anyone? Suggestions?

3. Bump. Seriously what On Off amounts do yall use? I am running 18 on 6 off right now

4. #4 Bongsauce, Sep 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2014
    18/6 for veg. 12/12 for flowering...for cannabis

You'll have to look at individual info about each different plant you're growing. Some veggies will flower under 12/12 some will flower under 18/6 once they get old enough. longday/shortday.

nonfruit bearing plants such as leafy herbs and lettuce will grow fine under 18/6 because they won't need anything to trigger flowering.  The ones that bear fruit like tomatos, peppers..will also need much more light

5. #5 Vance71975, Sep 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2014
    Well i am running a 4x54w T5 unit, 2x42w CFL Bulbs, and a 2x24w CFL bulb.  So 348 watts total and over 20k lumens and its in a Mylar refelective grow tent so the light just keeps getting bounced around in there with very little light able to escape. Does that help? Do i need to do anything else to try to force flowering besides changing the light lenghts? Any special fertlizer changes? Anything else i should know about the process of force flowering?

6. ok sounds good. That looks like a 2' x 3' tent? 300-400w should be enough in there to flower stuff out.

7. The tent is 48" Wide by 24" Deep by 60" High. So a bit bigger, 4ft x 2ft x 5ft.