Lighting questions

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by God_Complex736, Feb 21, 2017.

1. So right now my girls just switched into flowering but I'm concerned about having enough light for them to have nice dense buds. I am currently in a 32" * 32" * 60" tent with a 600w LED (Real draw 120w) with 4 plants. I know it only gives me 25w per square foot so I was wondering if I should do some diy cfl lighting or if I should just get an hps and call it a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. i would supplement that with either a t5 vho or a HPS and definitely call it a day! you dont want your yield too suffer due too improper or insufficient lighting because your watts per square foot currently dont cut it buddy you want too be at 40wpsqf if your running straight LED

• Like Like x 1
  3. Do you know much about the mounting of side lighting? Should it be one straight row across the side or should I scatter the lights?

4. if possible i would scatter them it seems like a more uniform light spread across your canopy then 1 straight row across the side

5. Got it. Thank you for the quick replies I'll get to building then

6. your welcome brother have a good one.

7. Your closer to 9 square feet, puts you at 13 watts per sq ft waaay short of the 50w per sq ft mark. Pick up and led pushing at least 400 actual watts, or a 400 watt HID, you will thank me and yourself!
    I wouldn't bother with side lighting. Get 1 main light that is at least adequate. For your space you want 400 watts ACTUAL minimum.

8. Sorry to jump on your threead bro, but the guys really seem to understand about lighting and id really apreciate your opinions, ima post sum pics below but here is my setup, growing. 2 auto white widow 23 days, 2 easy low riders 13days and 1 ogre auto 7days. Got soil with 35% perlita, and gave them all Veg feed with Floranova Green, some more stronger dosage ,little ones little dosage just to get sum strenth,smal portion,
    Light setup = 1 led panel 300w.
    1 led panel 150w,
    2 CFL 60w 6500k.
    Plz sugestions on how to maximize my yields, hps ia out of the question for were i live is really hot, thankyou
    1487797833041965924006.jpg 1487797871561432049689.jpg 1487797885900-936447688.jpg

9. Its a small bathroom, but i only use the space for the 5 plants,

10. There are a couple things I would suggest: Get some material to cover those walls. That will help to focus the light more on the plants rather than the surroundings. You should run a fan for ventilation. I haven't grown autos before so I'm not sure if you can do any low stress training but that would increase your yield as well

• Like Like x 1
  11. they say minimum ideal wattage for flowering (when the plants need the most light) is 50watts per sq ft. When looking at wattage from LED's, make sure you know what the TRUE WATTS are. Mars 300 for example is actually only 132ish TRUE WATTS, not 300. then look at the footprint of the light. I think the mars for example is like 1.5'x2' ideal coverage... so figure out sqare footage of the area you'll be using, find lighting that gives you at least 50 watts per sq ft, then find out how to arrange them in your space so you get good coverage over the entire space.

• Like Like x 1