lighting question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by YesICannabis, Dec 5, 2003.

1. im just starting to grow, and i need to decide on lighting. i really want to use an hps light. some questions i have are, what wattage? How much per month will it be? and is there a timer i can buy to set it at 12/12? Ill probably be growing 3 or 4 plants in a small (about 10ftx10ftx10ft) area in my crawl space. any help is greatly appreciated

2. Im new here so dont take my word but ill throw it out there anyways.

You can get a Son Agro light for around 70 bux and its 430 watts, It will cost you around 20 a month and im not to sure on the switch. You going to want to read some guides b4 you start or just try 1 plant b4 you do 3-4. Just to make sure your doing it right and then start the other plants.

3. 10x10 is quite a big room for 4 plants.......you'd be better builing a box for them.......more like 3x3, or 4x4.......then you could power it with a 400w HPS........you need approx 2000-3000 lumens per sq foot........the 400 will do that fine, and 3.5x3.5 is the size of my room..........as for cost, not too sure, don't know about costs in the States.........Peace out........Sid

Grasscity Deals Near You