Lighting question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 5_Assed_Monkey, May 22, 2017.

1. Got my 2nd apollo 600 watt light.
    3 weeks flower left, i plugged it up!
    Im using a mh in one and hps in the other..should i use 2 mh instead? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2. Note: There all adjustable

3. Mh is for veg :/

4. Forgive me. What i mean is if i run both will it be better to run 1 mh and 1 hps or both hps?

5. Don't need cool spectrum when flowering so id use both hps

6. Kool

7. Not strictly true man. Both ends of the spectrum can actually help more than just yellow/orange light. I think this is more than documented at this stage. Anyone just limiting the spectrum is not gonna see the benefits of near full spectrum. Better denser bud formation. More trich production. It's all out there. Mix your spectrums, Mh and hps are not the be all and end all of growing quality buds. I'd even go as far as to say buy an LED fixture to throw in there no it right up. Make sure it's "full spectrum"

In fact just Google "light recipes for growing weed" should illuminate those of you in the dark. Pardon the pun.

Sent from my Vodafone 985N using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  8. I worded it wrong I suppose...but I stand by my answer.

9. I swear by mixing spectrums. I have 3000 k flowering metal halide I mix with hps. [​IMG] 4 weeks in flower.

10. You can mix warm metal halide with hps instead of blue grow metal halide.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I use sun master warm sunrise 3200k 1100 watt bulb. Runs in 1000 watt ballast. 133,000 lumens 379 par watts. Vs 358 for hps. Also use Phillip's 315 cmh. 3000k for flower.

• Like Like x 1
  12. [​IMG] this is the flowering MH I use in my regular ballasts.

13. I mean pulse start ballast sorry. I don't use old magnetic core.

14. Other than square wave 315 ballast is what I meant.

15. Less than half life of hps but I just want the best. Usually only use them certain times. 385 par watts. Hps has 358. More usable spectrum.

16. A 400 watt HPS here augemented by 300 watt full spectrum LED and a pair of 4ft T8 shoplights (4100k + 6500k mixed in each fixture) and another 4ft LED shoplight @4000k (I think). Always evolving and never satisfied with arrangements, I've got two additional LEDs currently committed to veg that get thrown in the mix depending on mood.
    IMAG0026.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  17. Awesome man. Leading the way thinking out of the box!

18. Mixing is the way too go.