Lighting Question {Need Fast Help}

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ZBORIL, Dec 3, 2012.

1. ok so im about to leave to walmart and i am wondering what lights i should get i have 3 plants and they are seedling about 2-3 inches tall....so please somone tel me what lights i should get and how many i need thanks!! also they have to be lights you can plug into like a lamp socket... not the big tube lights again please help thanks!!!

2. You need full spectrum cfl's if your buying them from Walmart. They don't sell specific blue (veg) and red (flowering) cfl bulbs.

3. is there any lights i can buy at walmart tonight? that will work for veging?

4. Yes cfl FULL spectrum. Gotta have full spectrum you can use it from veg to flower. If nothing else and your really have to have light tonight get basic cfl lights that would go into a house socket. They can grow a plant just enought but gotta get ones for it still just a temp fix. (They give off basically the bare minimum for a plant)

5. 27k CFL's? also should i get 2700k 5000k or 5600k? also since i have 3 plants how many of those should i get per plant?

6. For veg should be more around 5000-6500k 2700k is for flowering. Full spectrum is your best bet for it works for both. Or is that the only kelvin full spectrum bulb

7. ok how many should i buy since i have 3 plants.....and could i buy the 2700k for veging if i dont have enough $$? or do i have to have 5000k -5600k?

8. 5000k or 5600k for first question. Second 3 plants depends on the wattage of the bulbs they have. If they have only 26 watts (most common) 4 I would say.

9. could i buy like 8 of the 2700k?

10. For 3 plants to grow nice you need at least 3 cfl bulbs depending on size. What wattage bulbs do they have there? And don't go with 2700k it's not going to give you best results do the 5000k! What kind of reflector hood too might be able to get away with 2 for now if you can spread the light

11. [quote name='"pg08"']

5000k or 5600k for first question. Second 3 plants depends on the wattage of the bulbs they have. If they have only 26 watts (most common) 4 I would say.[/quote]

U want 100w for ur first plant and 50w for each other plant. 27k is veg 65k for flowering.

12. Do they have full spectrum? Buy 4 veg bulbs (5000k) and 4 flowering bulbs (2700k) or if you can get more flowering bulbs later get 8 veg and then later get 8 more flowering bulbs.

13. My bad fucking stoned and idk why I was thinking one way and typing another ahahahahha :smoking: :) buy 8 2700k lol

14. [quote name='"ZBORIL"']could i buy like 8 of the 2700k?[/quote]

Ya 8 works if not get more later.