Lighting question 150 hps

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mrweekss, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Considering purchasing a 2'' 150w hps due to size constrains and space(my small bathroom) lol. My question is when its time to switch into flowering , what changes do I need to make to my lighting ? Im a complete noob in the world of hps lights.
    Also would some cfls in combination with my hps help get to some of the lower leaves? I plan on growing 2 maybe 3 plants crammed under it not getting any bigger then 2 maybe 3 feet, btw im not going to go any stronger in watts for the time being and money concerns because I know that would help my cause.

Any suggestions/tips would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Weeks:smoke:

2. I flower in an interior bathroom, in the shower stall. I started with a 90 watt LED lamp (not recommended) and added CFLs over time. Then I switched over to a 600 watt hps. Then I pulled out the shower stall. It's a 3x3x8 space now.

The hps is a flowering light. The color temperature is either 2100K or 2700K. Veg lights are 5000 - 6500K. You certainly can veg with the hps. It's not ideal and you plants will tend to stretch. Or you can get a replacement metal halide bulb that works with the hps ballast. I don't know if they make 150 watt MH replacement bulbs.

Yes, you can do that. Get CFLs with a 2700K color temperature.

Good luck with your grow.

3. I looked into it and it seems there is a MH 150w bulb replacement, awesome.

Thanks for the quick knowledge, much appreciated!

4. My first LED a 90w UFO. I wish they didnt sell those things. Works fine for Veg totally sucked ass for flowering.

5. I hear ya. On the other hand, it did lure me in. Still, a few CFLs would have been a much better deal. The UFO just seemed so seductively easy.

I'll have to try that at some point. I use T5s, but the space is always packed. It doesn't take much. If I find another corner, maybe I'll fire up the UFO one of these days.