Lighting! PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Jordan09, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Hey guys, so I'm trying to add more lights to my grow box but I don't do what the y adapter is called that connects two lights together that plug into a wall adapter! I know it's a Y adapter but do you have to build the adapter yourself or can I get them from lowes, Home Depot.? And how much do they cost? I have a blurry picture of what I'm looking for!
    Thanks guys!

2. You can get them at any hardware store for cheap

3. What are they called?

4. A light socket Y splitter.

5. When I search that it shows that it's made to plug in a light socket...

6. I've seen the ones you're looking for at Lowed but I don't know the exact name. Price should be about the same for either kind.

7. Ok I misunderstood. They are outlet light socket adapters. The picture shows an outlet adapter with a Y bulb splitter screwed into it. They are two separate pieces.

8. ok thanks. But am I gonna have to buy the separate pieces and then put them together to make what I want. Or can I buy the whole thing? I just went to lowes and they said they don't have anything that I was looking for. So I'm guessing I'm going to have to buy the pieces and then put it together... Could someone tell me the pieces I would need to get in order to make the adapter?

9. Sorry you had trouble at lowes. Sounds like the guy you spoke with didn't know his stuff IMO.

Call them and see if they have this product or I think you can enter your zip code and the website might tell you.

http://m.lowes.com/product?langId=-...0051&productId=1099541&store=2898&view=detail

10. If you have to go to walmart, buy a lamp repair kit, it comes with the bare socket and brand new cord, then you can put yourY splitter into that...

11. How much is it at walmart? And Would i have to buy the repair kit and also the Y splitter?

12. Yyes, i just like the convenience of hanging them, so i did it that way.. i think i paid 12 bucks for the whole shabang.. i dont use them any more,, i spliced my lamp cords together in 3's and hang em.. 6 cfls, 2 cords... ma-in-law uses them now and they work great.. i set them up on coathangers so she can adjust them... uptown freddy diy brown...

13. Ok cool! Could you post a picture of what your doing now? Cause if I have that equipment at my house , I'd prolly just do that instead of going out and buying stuff.

14. I just got back from Walmart, I bout the adapter. They didn't have the Y splitter. So I'll be going to lowes again later.

15. Your plants will thank you

16. I hope so! Does anyone know where I can order my feminized seeds? I need a site that will send the seeds in a package in which would not allow others to know exactly what's in the package.

17. I don't know if we can give sites in here. But they will all ship discretely. Mine came from Europe as a gift DVD. They were in the DVD case, lol.

18. Attitude seeds will gladly ship your beans. Femd or regs. Your choice.