lighting-is 18/6 12/12 a farce?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Mildmansmoker, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Hi I just turned down my timer to cut an additional hour off my lighting.The plants have just went from infancy,to veg state,and I thought a minor lighting pull back would be in order.Ive read 18/6 at first then 12/12,but if we are mimiking the season it should (where I live go from 18/6 to 16/8 then to 14/10 and so on...am I right ?)

2. There is no reason to ease into flowering. If anything that will just draw out your flowering time which will result is longer cycles which shouldnt be what you want. If youre going from veg to bloom, go to 12/12 right away. If you want to save money, you could do 11/13 without too much yield loss.

3. [quote name='"HydroBuilderCom"']There is no reason to ease into flowering. If anything that will just draw out your flowering time which will result is longer cycles which shouldnt be what you want. If youre going from veg to bloom, go to 12/12 right away. If you want to save money, you could do 11/13 without too much yield loss.[/quote]

agreed

4. Not trying to mimic the season. Trying to improve upon it. Switching right to 12/12 would be the more economic way to go. ;)

5. A direct switch will work just fine. I have heard of people easing their plants into flowering but just switching to 12/12 does not stunt or hurt the plant so why not will save you time and money.