Lighting in Closet

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Strafe, Oct 14, 2008.

1. I have a 6 foot long by 3 feet wide by 9 foot tall closet I'm getting started.

I'm leaning towards a Lumatek ballast. Should I go with 400, 600 or 1000 watt system?

Will venting be nearly impossible with 1K? Will 400 be to small to get lower light coverage, if they get up to say 5-6 feet?

Whadyall think?

Thanks!

2. I would personally go for the 600w. It's big enough to give a great freak'n yield but at the same time doesnt consume as much power nor output as much heat as a 1k. Guess it all depends on what kinda budget you have for managing the atmosphere in there.

In that kinda setup I've just tapped into the home's AC ducting and added a new line running into the closet...thus creating a new AC vent for assisting in temp control when needed. Venting is great if you can simply go into the attic - placing the carbon scrubber up there. This greatly reduces the heat signature on your house and it wouldnt be detected even by FLIR since it spreads out the heat throughout the attic....Just make sure to add in that carbon scrubber. Otherwise ya may be cooking eggs one morning and get a sudden burst of sweet bud aroma in the walls...

Sounds like ya got a kick ass crib for a grow though!