Lighting Help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Mt007Dew, Mar 20, 2003.

1. Iam starting 9 plants under 3, 48" 60watt fluro's. I was wondering if I could get away with the complete grow cycle with just fluro's. I simply don't have enough funds to purchase HID or HPS bubls. Please get back with me asap!

Thanks!

2. you would need a shit load of them even then your yeild is gonna be poor I myself have never seen anything good come from them onece there in the flower cycle sorry to disapoint ya

3. to give you a better idea, each plant needs approx 2000-3000 lumens....the fluros you have give off a total of approx 13,500 lumens.....only enough to grow a max of 6 plants and when it comes to flowering the yield will be minimal......sorry but you would be better with the HPS.....i know money's tight but it is the most important investment you will make......Peace out...Sid

4. if ur gonna try and flower under fluros then ur gonna have to make good use of them and plan ur grow well.

the best thing u can do is find a book called "Closet Cultivator by Ed Rosenthal" and read wot it says about "sea of green"

basicly ur gonna have to flower ur plants when ther very small, keep ur lights very close to the plants. make the best use of the light by making sure that as much of the light as posable is reflected back to the plants by painting ur walls white, making good reflectors for ur tubes etc.

i have grown from seed 2 harvest under just fluros in both soil and hydro and althow the total yeald is down by about 20% compared to hps, 80% of something is a lot better than 100% of nothing if u really cant aford hps at the moment.