Lighting Help|E27 Hanging Fixture?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by EvanR021, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Hey all,

New grower here. I am using a 3x3x5.11' grow tent with two aerogarden extra LED's.

I have an issue here as I have two 12w LED lights and two 24w LED lights that I would like to add as supplemental light but the aerogarden hood is the limiting factor since it blocks all light above from above it. I need to position these LED lights to the side of the hood to hit my plants (they are still seedlings/in the start of their vegetative stage. I am growing 3 autoflowers and 1 sativa that I am trying to mainline/manifold for experience). I am also running a 24/0 light veg cycle due to ease of use.

I want to make sure that the lights are the appropriate height away from the plants, I was thinking of making my own hanging "box" like a reflector hood that holds the two aerogarden LED hoods, and each of my 4 LED bulbs (E27 sockets). I found out that Playstation 2 power cords fit the aerogarden hoods nicely and can extend it's height from 24 inches to 6 feet so it's possible to remove the hood from the garden and use it as a standalone light on a timer.

Has anyone seen online either a pre-built version of this or happen to have any ideas on how I can accomplish this idea? Does anyone have experience with this?