Lighting & Heat?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by properauthority, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Hey again fellow GC members! As some of you may know from previous posts I'm planning on growing in a very confined space, and I have been curious as to what lighting methods produce less heat and how I can manage that efficiently. Thanks to everyone!

2. CFL's man. Those are cooler than HID's.

3. If you provide more information, we can provide more information.

4. Well, CFLs work great, the better the lumen output the better. LEDs are also low heat, but can get expensive. CFLs are able to fit in small areas and provide good lumen output with low heat, and are very small, just a couple of reflectors and bulbs and you're set. However, I don't know exactly what you'll be growing in and can't give any other info. LED panels are fairly cheap and are about 1 foot by 1 foot squares, however the lumen output isn't that great for the space they take up. Or, you can go with a circle LED like a UFO but they are about $400. So your price range is required, too.

5. Definitely go with CFL's

If your space is REALLY small... stick to all daylight flouros with only a few 2700K bulbs thrown in. Believe me, it will still flower and will stay small and potent.

Maximize the effectiveness of your lighting by using a screen (go SCROG). This keeps your plants all at the same height and increases the number of budsites as well.

(Think miniature forest of pine-tree type mini-buds