lighting for seedlings.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by DazedInMaine, Apr 30, 2012.

1. So my seeds sprouted a few days ago! I have three seedlings set up in my closet right now, just letting them do their thing and watering them every other day. At this stage, is specific lighting necessary? I basically have them on a 24/7 lighting schedule, but I'm using a standard 60 watt or w/e house lightbulb. I can buy a cfl if it's necessary. If not now, at what point do I get a different lightbulb? The ladies will be transplanted outside once temps are warmer. Thanks!

2. You want bright white cfls. The incandescent do nothing for your plants.

3. Like a day light cfl? Certain wattage?

4. Daylight 6500k . You need at least 100 ACTUAL watts, not equivalent watts.

5. Good stuff. Thanks a lot!

6. Also the last seed to germinate just got planted a couple days ago. It has sprouted, but the shell of the seed is still on the tip. Do I let nature take its course, or take it off? Give it time? Any info. would help!

7. I grow seedlings from the very beginning with HPS. 400w, hanging 3 ft high.

8. I use fluorescent lights for seedlings it's better coz u won't harm them with heat! I I just germinated my seedlings check out my thread!

9. Any thoughts on what to do about the seedling with the seed shell still on the tip? I got a 100w 6500k cfl today and its going. My plants are stretching though, is this a big deal? Hoping that the new lighting helps a bit.

10. Had this once and it didn't fell off, when all my seedlings we're 10 inches tall, the one with the shell on was only 2 inches tall at thesame time so I threw it away, I'd say, try to take it off very very carefully.

11. Yeah, got 4 of them locked up in my basement for that specific reason.

12. This joker is posting racist mexican spam in multiple threads.......3rd one I've seen today. Mods, can you punt this troll? Only posts are racist nonsense, and have no place on these forums

13. #13 atlboi420, May 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2012
    I used 2 26w cfl on my plant for vegg for 28 days they did fine.. got about 9 inches n very bushy those 100w will get er done good luck

14. I carefully removed the seed casing from the seedling I was having trouble with yesterday with little problem. The first two leaves started coming out today, so I think it will catch up with the other two seedlings I have going right now. Thanks for all the input guys! I'll post a couple pictures when I can.