Lighting for my needs

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Whodi, Aug 6, 2006.

1. I got a walk-in closet in my bedroom; I was thinking about growing 6 northern light plants. Would a 400watt MH/HPS system be fine, I don't really want to use any more wattage than that, unless i have to. And if that is fine, do I use the 400 watt MH during veggie, and the 400watt HPS bulb durring flowering? Also, out of 6 plants, what is the average male to female ratio?

2. Yes, MH for veg, HPS for flower.
    Buy feminized seeds.

3. Hmm i thought buying feminized werent worth it, plus you gotta have some male plants to pollenate the female, right? Besides i don't see northern light feminized only.

4. why would u want to pollenate ur bud?i mean unless u plan on keeping 1 male separate and using a q-tip to spread pollen on 1 bud on a female (ive heard it used before dont know how it works) but i personally wouldnt waste NL seeds to get shitty bud just because it got seeded

5. the northern pride is good as it is 100% indica... indicas are best for indoors IMO because they are short/bushy and usually flower in not a long time... any indica strain is good just go with something u like