lighting for mother plants

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Cez, Nov 5, 2008.

1. well my wife wants the bathroom in our bedroom back, so i have to move my grow to a new space. I have pretty much figured out what I will do but not sure on my mother plants yet...for the last 2yrs I have just kept them in same room as my vegg'n plants but now I will have a seperate space for the mothers and the vegg'n plants, so that means I have to pick up a new light for the moms. I keep 4 moms most of the time and I only take 6 clones every 2months and only 3 actually make it to the grow room, so I dont need them to produce large amounts of clones just want them to be happy. I was wondering if 4' floro tubes will do the job? was thinking 4-6 tubes?

thx for any help

2. Those will definitely do great. Make sure you get the bulbs with the most lumens.
    I suggest getting a T-5 flouro fixture though. A little more pricey but they will like it better.
    They wont grow crazy fast under them but they most likely will be healthier since they are made for growing. Good luck though sounds like you got a good set-up going with a constant harvest. Any pics handy if i may ask?

3. Ill try and take a few pics after I get home

4. #4 Cez, Nov 5, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2008
    ok well heres a pic of my current run. Sorry for the hps light but I didnt want to wait until the light shut down to snap a pic. The flowering pic there is 3 plants that R on day 28 since flip to 12/12...the ones in veg had a fan pointing on them for awhile today(fan quite oscillating I guess) Norm they r nice and purky and they r on day 21 since roots formed on clones. They are all grown in I guess would be a passive hydro set up, Vegg'n plants sit under 400w MH, Flowering sit under 600w HPS. Wish the pics did them justice but with the yellow light and me not able to focus a camera for the life of me.

http://[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Nice grow you got there, have you thought of increasing your grow room size? I think if you increase your square footage, it would be extremly beniftual, get a lot more out of the 600w hps. Just a thought. Nice grow.

6. Yeah I think about it all the time...but I always stick with it small just cause I dont do this for other than myself and the wife. One of these days we'll break out of the city and Ill be able to play on a larger scale. Well I was going to post the drawing of my new rooms plans but the format its in(skp...?) is not acceptable here, so guess you'll have to wait til its built and I can take a pic...

7. Looks good. Nice flowering plants there whats the strain?

Have you figured out what light set up your gonna use for your mothers?

8. plants are Nebula...and I will prob pick up a t5 set up between now and completion of new room(next week or so).

9. #9 Cez, Nov 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2008