Lighting for Mother Plants

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Jimi001, Jun 30, 2007.

1. Can two not so large mother plants grow healthy enough to make clones until they go into flowering from a 200 watt fluoro? After the clones have roots I will put them under a 400 watt hps.. also how many watts should about 6 of the clones get until they have roots?

One more thing, once I grow the mothers from seeds and take clippings can I put it into flowering with the clones and just replace it with one of the clones that can grow while the other plants flower?

2. Yes. Easily.

Not huge amounts. I use a single 20W flouro.

Of course.

3. Ya its good to take the cuttings then, Flower just 1 cutting from the plant then mark it. Then you will see whats male and females. Kill the males and just grow the females. Its better then revegging a plant takes way to long. And having a 4ft flours, will work great for ur mothers. And 400 hps works alil better then a 250w, better results cause its almost double ur lumens. I think a 400 watt gives off, 55000 lums thats good.

4. here is a quick answer to all your questions.... you can veg ANYTHING w/ fluoros w/ no problem at all. period. flowering w/ them is up for debate but strictly vegging if anybody is using anything more powerful than fluorescents they are wasting power and money. PERIOD PERIOD

5. Amongst other negatives, a single 200W flouro only penetrates dense foliage to a depth of around 10-12 inches.

Below that depth, leaves will die off.

I'd say that's a problem.

You plainly don't know what you're talking about.

6. Please stop spreading this crap advice.

7. no, because it isn't crap advice. you dont need anything high output for vegging. and to that guy about the bottom leaves??? you should be clipping those bottom leaves to promote airflow under the canopy.... so... bottom leaves should be the least of your worries.

anyway it's your choice to waste that power/money on vegging but it is anything but crap advice. there are plenty of fluoro grows documented here that prove my point.

8. For moms and wut not ya use a fluro, The 4 ft ones that are used in stores are good enough for wut you need. And another thing I've done a small CFL grow and not much results but some smoke. They can be proven to be a start to finish using them. But you need lots of them, thats why a single HPS setup, is just 1 plug in. And if any one has used them big buds and lengthy too. Another thing, this is ur first time around so you try and if you fail then, just start it up again. Its hard to pull lots ur first time around unless you invest money, and sometimes it still does'nt work out.

9. FDEbozo.....where are the pics of your current grow?

Rabiez (The Bottom leaves guy) on the other hand .....Pics are ez 2 find all over here (The City)...Hell dude even his Mom grows weed!!

If you are goin to cut the bottom leaves off.....Why grow them at all?

I support Floros/CFL's all the way .....its ALL I use

But on a large scale grow Opp....unless you are doin SOG
    it would take an Assload of floros...to veg a 12 x 12 flowering room man .....all lights have a correct time and place :wave:

10. hey doctor, yeah my mom is in a pretty small grow area. if it was a bigass room it would be a completely different story. id say the veg room is like 2'x4'x6' (6 is height) and the fluoros sit barely above the tops and she's just fine. has plenty of shoots to clone etc etc i dont know what all the hubub is!

crap advice? hahaha gtfo