Lighting for indoor closet growing

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by TSoaDK, Dec 12, 2008.

1. I want to use CFL lighting for about 4-5 plants. The closet I am using is plenty wide and plenty deep for 4-5 plants to have ample space.

I am just wondering how many watts of CFL lighting I would need for 4-5 plants. I would like to have two lighting hoods hanging above the plants.

Also, would the CFL lighting be acceptable for all stages of the plant growth or would I need to use two different types of lighting??

I will be germinating ahead of time and putting the germinated seeds into a pot about an inch deep in the soil.

Thanks

2. You need a minimum of 2500 Lumen per square foot of garden...but always exceed the minimum.

CFLs will work but you will get better results as far as bud size and density using HPS lighting.

One inch is too deep to plant your sprout. 1/8" - 3/16" is how deep you should sow your seed.

3. #3 TSoaDK, Dec 12, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2008
    Okay I will use HPS lighting...

I want to get as many plants as possible, and I am thinking I can get maybe 6 in this closet...

My closet is about 6 feet wide so how should I go about setting up my hoods?? Do they make a 6 foot hood or possibly 3 foot hoods or should i look at getting three 2 foot hoods??

How many watts should I go with in each hood? I am just a little confused and I want to make sure my lighting is right or theres no point in my growing.

Sorry if this seems annoying but thanks for any information

4. Also, will I need to use different types of HPS lighting for the flowering portion of the growth?

If I can get some thorough insight on this subject I'll be good to go

5. You can use MH and HPS in combination in flower. any HID will work in flower, results will vary slightly.

6. I plan on using fluro's for a week and then switch to HPS... I cant use the HPS lighting for the entire grow?