Lighting for Closet

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Swagg422, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Starting a small closet grow was wondering what kind of CFL lights i should get? and does it matter if their soft white or daylight?

2. Can you hang a rack of T-5's in there? I grew in a closet for a number of years with a 4' florescent shop light and I found there are a lot of advantages to using florescent lights, especially in confined places. Hank

3. How big is the closet? Depending on the size of it, you could go with CFLs, T5s, or 150/250w HID/180w LED.

4. im staring a closet grow very soon..first indoor grow. Gonna use t5's. 2ft-4 bulb unit. 96w $150 at the local hydro store. found cheaper online but i wanna pay cash and give no info.. been researching the t5's and what they can do...i will definetly be satisfied with what i mentioned above.

5. #6 Hank Alvarez, Sep 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2011
    Swagg422: there a lot of advantages to growing with florescent lighting in a confined space. First, it doesn't create so much heat that there's a fire danger or a real danger of cooking your plants. With T-5's, the little ten inch fan you use to strengthen your seedlings will be enough ventilation especially if you can leave the door cracked a bit. Just make sure your grow is a little smaller, shorter and narrower, than you rack of lights. The light is weakest at the perimeter.

T-5's are very versatile. I grow under a 4' long rack of four T-5 tubes over two ten gallon bubble tubs and mine came with eight tubes; four grow tubes and four flowering tubes for $150 from my local hydro store, Discount Hydroponics in Riverside, CA. What more would you want? PS: it's also a good idea to have a temperature/humidity meter in there. Hank

6. i have a 600 watt closet grow going on. second one in the closet. its got a cool tube hooked up.

7. Punkafi888: I'd like to see some pictures if you'd be so kind. Hank

8. check in my signature i will post updated pictures in a few days.

9. Thanks for all the feedback been gone for a while might start my grow soon gotta figure the dimensions of the room.