Lighting for a PC grow box

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by mahoney5693, Jan 28, 2011.

1. What do you guys think would suit a PC grow box the best?Thanks and I still live with the rents so I really am just going to start with one personal plant so I can handle the smell....Thanks

2. 23w cfl x 4-5 as a minimum more is better (min 80% Ra light penetration)
    for veg 6500k and 2700k/2500k for flowering with highest possible Lm = lumins.

or else u can choose bigger cfls, like plug and grow 125 watt and up. u can find cheaper ones too
    maybe 70w hps for flowering with a couple of 23w cfl's

im considering a kessil h150 (red) for my pc grow along with my plug and grow 125w 2700 and 70w hps.
    and for experiment i want to try, add 2500k osram
    (danish site) Netsalg El og VVS ApS - OSRAM DULUX SUPERSTAR MICRO TWIST 23W/825 E27 5655001129

im also using diamond mylar aswell to spread as much light as possible

3. I'd have to agree with SWEDx10 a 70w HPS and two 23 watt daylights would be ez to keep kool with some fans and give u the best bang for your buck.

4. I run 6 27watt (162w)6500k cfl's and 6 23w(138w) 2700k 's in my pc rig. Currently running a single bubblegum plant in it.
    Ajar of ona-gel has done a decent job in the past of masking some odor for me.
    @~27 days pre haircut
    [​IMG]

and a wide shot of the rig, all6 lights lined up, plugged into light socket to 2 prog electrical outlet plugs, plugged into 2-6 outlet strips mounted on the back wall of the pc case.
    [​IMG]

5. I'm curious as to how well diamond mylar can actually work in such a small environment like a pc? From what I've heard diamond mylar is a lot thicker, stiffer and heavier that regular mylar. Also, since the space is confined in a pc type environment, I'd have thought thinner lining works better than thick reflective lining?

Anyway, if anyone's got any input on this please chip in.